Lobby doesn't show up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PoxIt, Mar 10, 2014.

1. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Running the client and all goes smoothly, but after loading the lobby, I only get the poxnora starting/?lobby? background...
    I have windows xp, the latest java update, ATI Radeon 9200 and Google Chrome if that matters, I also tried reinstalling, switching resolution and resetting to defaults but none of these worked.

Your thoughts?

2. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Any suggestions, even just a wild guess would be much appreciated...

3. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

I'm just going to asume you don't know and you aren't going to bother being any kind of help at all.
    Well, screw it, there's no point getting into a game I can't even play. Thanks a lot.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I do apologize, I seemed to have missed this post.

Have you tired updating your video drivers? Also, do you have a firewall or antivirus?

It breaks immediately after login? Or does it break after a game?

5. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Ah well, no problem your help now is much appreciated, next time I'll make sure you can't possibly miss the thread :p

So my video card has the latest update installed, which seems to be an update from 2006 (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/archive/aiwradeon-prer300-xp) so i'm worried it may be way outdated to run pox..

I also have firewall and antivirus up and running, and both the client and the restart-thing have permission from firewall..

And so the scroll bar of the lobby appears for a sec, right after login, and then I get just the lobby backdrop, nothing else...

6. KTCAOP

Hrm… can you try disabling your firewall / antivirus and then trying to run PoxNora? It is possible that even though you told it to allow PoxNora, that it could still be blocking something. I'm not confident that it will work, but this may give a hint as to what could be wrong.

7. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Disabling firewall and antivirus both together and seperatly did not seem to affect the problem in any way :/

8. Zardoz

Zardoz New Member

Exactly same issue, blank lobby. Windoze 7, latest SP, latest drivers, disabled firewall/AV does nothing to help. Cannot play game at all. No error messages either.

9. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

BUMP!!
    It's been 10 days and I'm really getting annoyed by this little issue that just ruins it all...

10. KTCAOP

There have been a few solutions to various technical difficulties that perhaps we can try.

Can you try installing Pox Nora to another directory such as "Pox" or "PoxNora" or even your desktop and see if that resolves your issue?

11. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in the file 'pox' I created on my desktop (instead of desertowlgames).

The problem wasn't siolved this way, but it was worth a shot...

12. Zardoz

Zardoz New Member

Same here, game doesn't work.

13. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Oh, I found this error log, don't know if it's relevant to the problem but ah well...

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: UNDEFINED REALM
    at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.poxnora.client.webinterface.WebInterface.getPost(Unknown Source)
    at com.poxnora.client.webinterface.WebInterface.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at com.poxnora.client.webinterface.WebInterface$WebHit.run(Unknown Source)
    FPSAnimator P1:Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0-FPSAWTAnimator-Timer0,6,main]: Task[thread Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0-FPSAWTAnimator-Timer0,6,main], stopped false, paused false shouldRun true, shouldStop false -- started true, animating true, paused false, drawable 1, drawablesEmpty false]
    SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
    SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
    CHECKING FOR NUX DATA? THIS IS OLD AND SHITTY! REMOVE ME!
    [[Pump Exception]]
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

(...)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Try using the repair function. Open the launcher, click on options, and hit repair. Also make sure your video drivers are up to date.

15. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Well, I gave the repair another shot (I've tried it twice before, some time ago) but it didn't solve the problem. Also, my video drivers are as up to date as they can be. I can fetch you several other logs (a files log of install4j, some output log and the error log) or any other file, if that woud be any good...

16. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

17. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Bump#2

18. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Y'know, maybe , just MAYBE, you could just take a serious look at this, after all, people who can't play the game won't invest some money in it, if they even feel like playing the game at all... fixing this issue should matter to you, shouldn't it?

19. KTCAOP

I apologize, I understand you have been extremely patient through this. At the moment on my end, I am not entirely sure what the problem could be. I've been trying to look for other threads and think of other fixes but there has not been anything that has popped up nor am I able to think of anything else, since I'm not sure what is the exact cause of the problem it is difficult to fix. All of the known quick fixes have been suggested. I will continue to try to keep a look out and think of other things to think of. I would suggest posting up a dxdiag for the interim for now, and maybe something will jump out, but it may require a green to come here to really identify something.

PoxIt likes this.
  20. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Here it is, I only changed the machine name for privacy. Thanks your hard work :) !

Attached Files: