Lobby doesn't show up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PoxIt, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Could you give a detailed description of what is happening and potentially provide a screenshot.

"after loading the lobby, I only get the poxnora starting/?lobby? background" is not enough info for our programmer to go on.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Hey PoxIt

sorry that you're having problems! gonna backup what Senshu said, i'm not sure I have clear picture of whats going on here! I think a screenshot could help!

3. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

4. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

You can't really see it in the shot, but the cursor is still working perfectly.

5. Gedden

Poxit, how much memory is on your computer? I did raise the size for faster caching on modern machines, and I am starting to think that cut you out. I could lower it (or give you the option of lowering it).

PoxIt likes this.
  6. Gedden

Oh I see, you included your system specs in the dxdiag. You have 512MB of ram.

Pox Nora runs between 512mb and 1g. I dont think I changed these numbers when we migrated. Were you running pox on this computer before? If so, did you use the webstart launcher or the old SOE launchpad?

If you were running via the SOE launchpad before, you may be able to still play pox if you make sure to close any other running programs while you play. Your computer does not have a whole lot of excess memory to go around!

PoxIt likes this.
  7. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

PS. You also mentioned, if I understood it right, the option for players to lowering the cache. If this would be possible, it may solve further complaint about similair problems, lag, etc. (Because, to be honest, nobody likes complaints. Even I felt bad for continuously bothering you with my problems.)

But anyways:
    h5C7FF4C0.jpeg

8. Senshu

Are you able to play now?

9. PoxIt

PoxIt Member

Yes, though it does require disabling anything non-vital through the task manager (ctrl+alt+del -> processes), but that's not really a problem.

10. Senshu

It is good to know you are able to play now.

PoxIt likes this.