Lol, what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So I just realised the ability "Extraction", present on the Deepcave Extractor (not sure if another champ has it), got buffed to give 5 nora every 2 turns to 15!!!! 15 nora for an ability with a CD of 2.
    I heard we were toning down Nora Generation, and yet something incredibly strong as this gets pushed.
    Only thing I can say at this point is: "gentleman, fasten your sit belts, our pilot is missing".
    Not to mention Tales of Valor, Catharsis Bloom and Head of Osirus remain the same.
    What is this I dont even.

Baskitkase likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

So you mean blueblelly is runnable?

HELL YEAH

3. Pedeguerra

YEAH! Let's take shoebox champs with horrible sprite and art, which arent relevant to the game at all, and give them completely over powered abilities!
    That seems like a perfectly legitimate idea.
    Not.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

My thread were I mention this and some other things keeps getting pushed to second page.
    it's still way (way) worse than nora miner.

5. Pedeguerra

Didnt see your thread, sorry for bringing this up in another Gab.
    But yeah, it is. Honestly, I'm completely lost at what direction the devs want to take Pox.

6. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Tales of Valor has been changed for a while.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Well, look at it this way: Deep Miner gives 9 nora on each of your turns, so it actually out-generates Extraction by 3 nora.

IS is OP.

8. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Meanwhile in FS, Quagmirrian is 97 nora....

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That tends to happen when a champ has 27 nora worth of base abilities. Now your crusade should be "Is Hydrate worth 12 nora".

edit : I even whipped out the calculator. Quag stripped of everything is worth 58 nora. That's a pretty fine price for it's stats. Sandbags ahoy.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  10. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

For 1 more nora I can have a Dreadwing (with abilities), which I would gladly take over a vanilla Quag.

EDIT: Hydrate 12 nora? Mucker has Split and Reconstitute and only costs 63 nora. I think the Devs should fiddle with Quag a little more. ;)

11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well its a good thing that SP as a faction doesn't have pseudo nora gen as its racial allowing for dramatically improved efficiency in all its champs already.

Tarabostes likes this.
  12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It does depend on what the champion is paying for Extraction. If the cost of Extractions is similar to Nora Miner 2 then I don't have a problem with it.

Edit: According to Poxbase, Extraction is 20 NORA and Nora Miner is 12 NORA. I don't have a problem with the ability at all.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Give Quag regen, bodyguard, and deflect. Nexus aura was a perfect ability on Quag as well due to it's synergy with Circadian Enchantress Mirefolk Revival. It wouldn't hurt Quag to lose hydrate/dehydrate if it's gonna skyrocket his cost. Quag was an essential part of mirefolk functioning as a bodyguard/support until his cost jumped into the 90's.

14. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Extraction isnt as effective as it may seem. You forgot to calculate people forgetting to use it! Problem solved.

15. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Lol this thread is pathetic. Deepcave extractor sucks. I would not run him. Why is this such a big deal?

16. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

u realize he's 4 speed and makes less nora than a deep miner right?

17. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

War...bb plz.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

God I love me some nora gen machines shouting "win the game in 10 rounds or I can play like a toddler and win"

19. Pedeguerra

Wait Burn, but I'm over reacting - it's obviously that this mechanic isn't OP at all, since the champ is passive and does nothing besides standing there.
    The pros said it, so it must be true.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

problem here is that the nora generating abilities, at current costs, are over the top, nora miner on anything that is even capable of capping a font is over the top, as it represents no tempo hit and a large profit.
    biggest offender right now is flame dragoleech who generates nora with nora miner 1 and flame siphon and moves at 6 speed, followed by almost all flame siphon users and acid dragoleech and elven artisan, and it gets overlooked on diplomat because of his high nora tag.
    deep miner and scorched dwarf are different in the fact they are almost exclusive nora generating units, but I still feel like they pay for themselves a bit too quickly

21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not like nora miners were meta for the last.... forever years

Nora gen as a concept, so much fun and balance