Lonx BG thread

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by DissolvingBonds, Jun 20, 2014.

1. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

Hey guys, this is my third time returning to the game after a long hiatus (about a year this time, slightly more). I have always played ST faction and am editing my lonx BG, which was always my favorite to play, and I am wondering the basic questions about a solid lonx bg. Which runes should i double up on? what kind of spells are recommended? Are expensive runes like Gnark, and Azaren (which are still fairly expensive even with the Cheiftan nora reduction) worth having in if the BG isn't a lonx/beast deck?

Current deck consists of
    2x Cheiftans
    2x Lonx Adept
    2x Lonx Channeler
    2x Lonx Defender
    1x Lonx Bounty Hunter
    1x Azaren
    1x Tracker Gnark
    1x Lonx Hunter (for detection and initiative)
    1x Lonx Luminary
    1x Throatrend
    1x Aspect of Infinity
    1x K'ento

Spells:
    Arctic Wall
    Cleansing Aura
    2x Gale Force
    Blizzard Cloak
    Frigid Barrier
    Ice Storm
    Snow Blind

Relics:
    Containment Unit
    Obelisk of foresight
    Provincial Marker

Equipment:
    2x Keeneye Crown
    Mirrored Shield

Any suggestions will help. Thanks guys :)

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Lonx defender is pretty weak nowadays, not to mention the countless spot removal spells people have at their disposal to counter font defender. I'd say trade them for 2x lonx beast tamers(or 1 and an extra bounty hunter/hunter/luminary, your call), they give amazing support, including that ap for rushing a font. I'm not sure about the aspect either, id just put another throatrend. You should just try it as it is, the spells/equips/relics are good to go. Some people don't like the adept, and replace him with frostfall icewisp, since lonx lack equipment removal (up to you though, I also like the adept a lot). K'ento for general OPness, can't complain.

I'm not sure about Azaren, but I've seen gnark on a tailwind bg. And with revamp (if tundra whisper stays as in final preview, check general chat), he'll actually be able to gain perma flying (lol). Gnark is pretty agile, and since most people chase him like crazy he can be useful in certain situations. IMO Azaren without beasts loses a lot of power, so it's up to you.

And I don't know about the abilities you run, but you should try relocate ally on chieftains for a more aggressive play style(if you haven't, of course).

Anyways, hope I've helped, good luck with da catz!.

3. DissolvingBonds

Thanks Lushiris that all seems like pretty good advice. I took out Azaren and replaced him with Gnark, put in 2 throatrends. I was thinking about putting in chronomancer for aspect how would you feel about that?

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

She's good, but you need decent juking skills since you may lack damage in early game, though that is also true with the aspect in a way. Lonx welcome any buff/debuff. IMHO they're bad direct attackers overall (bounty hunter and throatrend are though), so the best approach is pissing your enemy off with harassment until he makes big mistakes. They require more thought than most themes, even more than yetis.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would run:
    2x chieftain
    2x luminary
    2x channeler
    2x throatrend
    2x striker
    as core, bounty hunter I don't like because mercenary.
    Then I would add
    1 hunter for detection
    1-2 lonx beast tamer for ap gen
    and out of theme:
    A DF unit (aspect/phoenix)
    Juya (range/blockade/healing/declare target/everything)
    1 Freeze bug keeper (sever summons/favor)
    1-2 Yeti tracker (shatter/stealth/snow trap/declare target)

Then I would add:
    Ancient implications: (debuff + anti nora gen
    Cleansing storm
    2x gale force
    Call of the tundra/summon ant
    ice storm
    swap
    Healing hand
    2x keeneye crown
    Ferren hideout
    Coordination tower
    Banner

Combo: use call of the tundra/summon ant, deploy ferren hideout with the summoned champion and relocate throatrend to get 2 attacks with flanking bonus and the summon's attacks.
    Ferren hideout to bring throathrends can also be used with yeti trackers attacking from stealth (remember to attack with the tracker first)
    Swap doesn't break stealth.

Lushiris likes this.
  6. DissolvingBonds

also very good advice. Lushiris i do agree with you when you say the lonx are not very good at direct attacking. I think i'm going to use a combination of the advice you two gave to me and see how it works. I love playing around with these guys and using different strategies, and there are so many you can use.

7. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Needs more Bounty Hunter. She's 2x auto. Drop Lonx Defender, outside of situational/draw win shenanigans it's not worth (Though this is definitely preference, if that's how you want to win, more power to you).
    You don't need K'ento here, she doesn't really add anything to the theme.
    I'd drop a KeenEye Crown
    Consider using Snowdrift Charm -- My favorite place for this is in a Lonx BG, It's amazingly powerful on Chieftains and the spot snow-terrain will come in handy to buff Bounty Hunters.
    On that note since you'll be able to generate snow terrain I'd 2x Blizzard Cloak.
    If it's a bonafide lonx bg you want two luminaries, they are very worth it and help you get +20 hp on everything as early as possible.

The lack of Lonx Striker baffles me...(Seriously, dedicated Lonx BG should have two).
    You don't have any shatter.
    I'd use Leoss Magnate over AoI, but this is preference. Haste on Throatrend, Bounty Hunter, and Chieftain is pretty nuts though, especially when you add in relocation and invigorates.
    I use Tundra Whisper and/or Wish in my set since you really want all of Chieftain's upgrades and there's alot of other great targets for it (Like Bounty Hunter).
    You really should have a beast tamer.

8. DissolvingBonds

Thank you very much legato. Actually since I posted my first lonx BG line up it has become much more like you've just posted. I like hearing everyones suggestions and strategies though, so keep them coming.

9. GabrielQ

If you are generating enough snow, you can consider soul frost, a keeneye crown chieftain with some support will generate tons of nora.

10. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

going with ferren hideouts is there a specific spot that relocate always goes to so i dont waste any ap having to go to the champion im trying to attack

11. GabrielQ

12. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

Great thanks also what what upgrades should i run on my cheiftains for now i know the revamp is soon

13. GabrielQ

I think that camaraderie and vindictive, if not, vindictive and relocate ally.