Looking for a disease bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by fattyy2k, Aug 16, 2016.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

so it's been a long time since I played my original faction, FW. I want to do something I did nearly ten years ago (a bad idea until now): build a disease BG. I have lost touch with FW though and am looking for some input on what champs relics and spells should be included and which thematic ones should still be ignored

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Disease as a primary module is a little underwhelming, since the DoT changes and Afflicted Corpse lost amp it's not been as good, a disease centered zombie bg would probably work quite well. I tried something like that out when the exp was released briefly and it seemed quite strong, it was more zombie focused than disease though.

Corpse Golem, Mairdreth, Necrotaur and Fleshblight with Hunter: Diseased are all pretty strong choices.

Risen Moga with Disease Amp would be perfectly runnable however the damage increase is negligible unless you are popping breaths all over the place. Ghoul is ok but not a zombie so depends where you are going with the bg.

Dead Fairy and Rotwrapper would be very useful to DoT and inhibit champs from range to prevent healing and proc Hunter.

Some form of Defile would be useful to prevent cleansing DoTs etc, it's hard to come by but Voth Monstrosity is a good source.

Anything with a breath is always good, sadly there are few champs with disease type attacks but Martyrs might be good for that.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

its the other way around. it USED to be a good idea. Now it wouldn't work

DrakeArron likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I Would forgo amp altogether.
    If i recall there are 4 champs with disease breath in fw 2 with attack disease. Meaningaside from 6 different champions your going to need 30 amp just for 1 extra damage (auras) not worth

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You could play zombies,they have most of disease stuff.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Spot amp seems to be more usefully in the the long run then champ amp. (firk mask, ice shard, dragon skull) These amps can stay outside of combat easily where champ amp will be forced to engage sooner or latter.

UD has some champ amp for fire but the main concept in a fire bg, to me, is the fire damage is healing their champions, allowing UD to use AoE fire/lava affects to damage/debuff, while healing.

FS's poison theme can be amped, but like acid the -1 defense is really helpful.

(X)-charge abilities like spark charge or flame charge is almost better, to me, then amping 10% at time as the first amp 10% dose nothing. With (X)-charge you know that the damage will be increased by 2. In Imp Familiar case you can get +4 on fire damage pretty easy, or even +6-8 damage.

If people want disease as a competitive theme, the community should talk about the destination some more. Is Hunter: Diseased and rabid the way to go? Is forsaken exploit and rabid the way to go? Would we like a relics or equipment to amp disease? Would we like a spell that grant vulnerability disease? (Source howling wind) Maybe a spell that amps disease in an AoE, or for a set number of turns. Would we like more champ, amp options? Should disease be hurting them and healing us like fire? Should disease grant an additional debuff effect like poison or acid? (Cough cough, inhibit or defile, cough cough) Would we like some (X)-charge options? Is there a amp damage type model we should fallow, or do we want something unique? Should we do nothing particular with the theme at all and hope it just happens by coincidence sooner or latter?

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

forsaken exploit, and the exploit abilities in general are really strong, to me, and easy to set up. It also grants some wiggle room as forsaken exploit would not be tied down to just one theme or damage type.