Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SPiEkY, Jul 26, 2015.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

So, next month, I'm going to be in this... "lovely" city for about a week (from the 7th to the somethingth I can't remember right now).

I may have a day or two to hang with any of y'all that live in the area if you want to. Lemme know if you're down for something along those lines.

TeaScholar likes this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That only ~2147 kilometers from me! You should swing by an say hi!

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you take a map of the US and a sharpie and draw a line straight east from los angeles and go all the way to the other coast you are really close to me.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if you continue that line east you have a longer line and a marked up table.

SaintKiwi, Qucas, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

This "place" isn't going to actually be a warehouse in the bad part of the city, is it?

DarkJello, BurnPyro and Qucas like this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Write in your journals every night, and then share all the juicy details with us. Pretty please. Respect.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Moving to Palmdale starting on the 6th, which is near by.... Technically part of LA.Hit me up!

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why would you leave Minnesota for California?

DarkJello likes this.
  9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I was just in Minnesota for the summer of 2014 for an internship. Went back for my fifth year of college in Indiana, graduated and got a job in Cali. The place I interned at in st Paul didn't offer me a job :(

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Why wouldn't you?

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd rather live somewhere with four seasons, no mudslides, no droughts, and a less intrusive government.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. DarkJello

The inhabitants of CA don't need colonoscopies every 10 yrs starting at age 50, because they get a "free" one annually starting in kindergarten. Yay!! :0. In hindsight, that joke was behind the times and I ask not to be thrown off the forums like a virtual bum.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't want 4 seasons. I want spring and summer all year, even if it means I have to put up with megasummer every now and then.

TeaScholar likes this.
  14. DarkJello

El NiƱo a la Chris Farley.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

What a good time to visit LA. Try not to get shot in that ******** bet that's about to go down between the gangs.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll mostly be in the Burbank area, so I think I'll be okay

17. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

When I was traveling in the US I absolutely disliked L.A. (I might not have seen the good part of it though).

San Francisco on the other hand...!

Cheers,

Josh753

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What did you like in San Francisco? I'll be there in the beginning of September for VMworld.

19. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

My favorite things to do in San Francisco were:
    - Walking too the Golden Gate Bridge and onward to Marshal Beach (I think that's the name) it's a tiny beach you can walk too from a hiking trail near the Golden Gate bridge, when I got there it was entirely empty (which felt strange for being in such a big city).
    - Hiking up too Twin Peaks and witnessing an amazing sunset.
    - Walking through the districts as they all have an entirely different vibe which was really interesting (I guess this is kind of true for most big cities in the US but in San Francisco I felt this even more).
    - Walking alongside the piers and seeing people go about their day.
    - Walking up random parks on top of hills in San Francisco.

My San Francisco all time favorite but one I don't expect you'll be doing has to be:
    - Trying to camp out on the beach during a storm.

And another one you probably won't be doing:
    - Climbing up one of the universities buildings from which I had a great view (it's kind of like a ramp, not really allowed to go up there, but met cool students who showed me).

Granted, for me it had some emotional value too:
    - It was the end of my hitchhiking trip cross country (Miami - San Francisco).
    - It was my birthday at the time and I had a good time.
    - I met some amazing people in the city.

Of course there is a lot more to the city than I'm describing here, but most of the other things you should be able to find by googling "What to do in San Francisco?".

I feel like I missed a lot of things in San Francisco that I should have seen still and definitely plan on going back someday.

I hope that helped out a bit, not sure if those are the kind of things you're looking for though, haha!

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    DarkJello likes this.
  20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I was stationed in Monterrey CA, to learn languages, the weather is unreal awesome.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.