Low energy Trump, too tired to talk about "radical Islamic terrorism"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, May 23, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, to me it sort of comes across like you're really not even sure what you like or why you're friends like him, it just feels like good so let's roll with it. Seems like a rather strange reason to like a president.

No offense or anything, it just strikes me as odd.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is a non-ideological list. Obviously, being a communist basically there's lots I don't like policy position wise :)

What I Like About Trump So Far
    1. He doesn't give a Bane Shift. This one's weird because he's obviously quite vain, but at the same time, his sense of ego basically means he doesn't care - he thinks he's awesome and there's nothing you can do about it. If you say otherwise, he'll fight you because he believes you are wrong.
    2. He wants to simplify the tax code.
    3. He is willing to change his mind.
    4. He doesn't get pushed around.

What I Don't Like About Trump So Far
    1. He is willing to change his mind. Unfortunately, he seems to change his mind based on very little information, and then is suddenly extremely sure of his new viewpoint. This makes him volatile and potentially subject to manipulation and that's a scary thought.
    2. He doesn't seem to like to read - while this isn't a big deal for a private citizen, being President means you need to stay informed and there are a lot of reports you should be reading. He seems to prefer Fox News over intelligence reports, and that's concerning.
    3. He lies.
    4. He is rude and unprofessional. I don't feel like he's a good role model. But I understand people like this aspect of him because he's not "PC."
    5. He makes accusations/threats against people he doesn't like; often without evidence or follow through.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Honestly, I don't tend to concern myself with it, which is why it may seem that way.

I just do my thing because whatever is happening in politics or the news rarely actually does anything noticeable in my life anyways, apart from how people react to it, so yeah, I'm gonna base a lot of how I feel about things on how people I care about react to them. I wouldn't consider nearly any opinion I have anywhere near as strong of an opinion as it appears that I have to those on the internet.

4. Sokolov

You should probably look into it, if you lost money from 2012 to 2016 when the index went up ~1000 points I think you might need to make some changes.

That said, second half of 2016 wasn't too hot, but that makes sense since markets don't like uncertainty and given the crazy way the election cycle went, that was likely to happen.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I thought he can't change something he does not have and the ones he has are infantile and not fully formed?

he's just a pathological narcisist, no need to overthink it.

6. Sokolov

For reference, my Apr 2014 to Jan 2017 rate of return was ~18%. Not amazing, but it certainly wasn't going down.

(I can't check back any further because systems changed.)

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Why are you getting so mad? Just another paid off politician in the wonderful world of democracy. Nothing out of the ordinary, bussiness as usual.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My stance on politicians is pretty simple: they are all trash. That being said I'm more of a moderate leaning conservative. Idgaf about gay rights but I also don't gaf if gays have rights, are gay, or whatever etc etc.

I'm against abortion so that lumps me in with pubs most of the time.

Mostly I am annoyed by whiney social justice warrior liberals (my perspective of most liberals) and am not a fan of the government puking out free Bane Shift (foreign and domestic) in a way that doesn't profit the country/govt somehow. So Trump champions this cause fairly well even though everyone ends up losing in the end. For the record: it'd be just as bad/worse with Hillary and the country would have done well with Kasich.

If you need specifics just ask.

MrBadguy likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Since we probably use different news sources and all that, what do you feel specifically Trump is doing well that profits the country/govt?

From what I get, his tax plan favors the ultra rich, so does his healthcare bill. There's a decrease in privacy and other 'rights', some lgbt, some nature, some privacy etc. I don't really see what Trump is improving for the average American

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You won't be able to see the future on policy like that. At this point all we can do is speculate on results. You couldn't when Obama or anyone else was in the seat. As for now, I've made enough in the markets with the Trump bump to buy my daughters first cars and book my tribe a very nice vacation while not affecting my overall savings and investments plan at all. This is a very good thing for me but that's not to say it wouldnt have happened under Hillary or Kasich.

I think you'll recall me referencing my day to day experience before as my reasoning to why America is a great place to live regardless of what yahoo.com ranking chart says about our social status? Same goes for how well I enjoy my current pres. My taxes are judged at tax season so that will be next year and tax law is ever changing and very complex, it would be silly to judge that now.

For healthcare? There's spin on "less people insured" because people are not REQUIRED to buy it. I spent $14000 on healthcare last year and only 2 of my children went to the doctor.... before Obama care I have an HSA and major medical insurance (only covers big things before ACA, now must cover lots of stuff to be qualified) and a savings account. I'll go back to that. I spent over $100000 on healthcare in last 8 years for nothing. Whered that money go? Someone's got to pay for the $1,760,000,000,000 cost of Obamacare.

You talk about LGBT and improving the life of the average American. I AM THE AVERAGE American, not LGBT, that is less than 5% of Americans, very far below the average.

For nature? I really have no preference here because I know that humanity will **** the earth till its dead and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. Obama accomplished nothing and he's super left. It would take world cooperation and that's not going to happen folks, move on.

Privacy? I am willing to give up my privacy if it helps the govt keep terrorist attacks from happening. But there does need to be limits and by that I think it needs to be limited to information. When it comes to physical space and property, I would like strict warrant requirements to protect what people have worked for and own. Secondly, it needs to be limited and controlled from a privacy-leaning policy and direction to stick to the operation and not use privacy invasion where unnecessary or unrewarding. When I was in intel and we were listening in on a conversation (overseas) and we confirmed an American was on the line, we had 60 seconds to decide if the information was FLASH level (goes to the presidents office and the defense ministries/intel departments within 10 minutes) and if it wasn't, we had to stop recording AND stop listening. (pre Patriot act) So I've seen the benefit of breach of privacy, but I appreciated the controlled environment that I bet is not there anymore.

The bottom line is, Trump is the President we have regardless of if he's the president we wanted/wish we had. They did the same Bane Shift on Obama when he got in office. Impeach him for this, he's terrible for this, he's doing it because he's black/they are black etc... it was just as annoying then.

So ffs, **** and let him do some work, everyone. Fatigued and says islamic instead of islamist? Well who gives a fk if thats the truth or thats the spin. Its a word. IDGAF if Islamics are offended, your religion accommodates terrorism (on a much grander scale than any other). You knew his stance on the topic way before he made the speach. Move on.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    SPiEkY likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I disagree with some things, but I'm glad that you clarified. Thanks.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am always confused by the use of sjw as an insult. Is it a "my right to be an ass is more important than your right to the pursuit of happiness" thing? I have a good friend who is getting a degree in social justice reform who decided to self identity as a sjw which makes more sense to me.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nope, neither of those.

14. Gaverion

Would you mind explaining it then. It genuinely comes off that way to me so if that isn't it, what is it?

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The insult is whiney, the SJW is the class of liberal

16. Gaverion

so if I am understanding this correctly you basically don't find the issues of identity/race/orientation of any importance and so when you say something that offends that group you find it inappropriate for someone to mention they find it offensive?

Geressen likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

18. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Why is the quality of the picture so weird? Is that a filter or edit of sorts?

20. Gaverion

Then just a sleight against all liberals?