Mage of the Orbs (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Mage of the Orbs
    Race: Elf, Class: Wizard, Size: Small, Rarity: Rare or Exotic
    Artwork: A lean female elf levitates over a peaceful patch of grass. On one side of her is a radiant orb of light. On her other side is a dark orb which seems to be absorbing all light. The Mage of the Orbs is, hence, bathed in rather dramatic lighting.
    Flavor-Text: "Given the choice between light and dark, I choose light. I have seen enough in my life, however, to know that light means nothing without the dark." -Ae'ra, Mage of the Orbs
    Nora Cost: 80

Champion Stats
    DMG: 12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Flight- This champion is Flying (This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. This unit has two additional ranks of Sentry and is immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded).
    Drain 2- Target friendly champion you own loses 16 HP. This unit heals 16 HP. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Magical Attack- This unit makes a Magical attack at range 2-4. CD: 2, AP: 3
    Purified- At the beginning of your turn, this unit is Cleansed (all negative effects and conditions are lost).
    Summon Dark Orb- A Dark Orb champion is summoned on to target adjacent space. This ability shares a cooldown with Summon Light Orb. CD: 1, AP: 4
    Summon Light Orb- A Light Orb champion is summoned on to target adjacent space. This ability shares a cooldown with Summon Dark Orb. CD: 1, AP: 4

Champion Upgrades
    Evasive 2- This unit takes 35% less damage (after DEF) from ranged attacks.
    Resistance: Elements 2- When this unit takes Fire, Frost, or Electricity damage, that damage is reduced by 35% (after DEF, rounded up).
    Resistance: Magical 3- When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 50% (after DEF, rounded up).
    Spell Aegis- When an opposing spell is successfully cast, opposing spells cost 5 additional nora for 5 turns.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    newsbuff and Authyrtyr like this.
  2. Xirone

Dark Orb
    Race: None, Class: None, Size: Small
    DMG: 0, SPD: 4, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 10

Champion Abilities
    Death Nova: Magical 4- When this unit is destroyed, it deals 14 Magical damage to each champion and Relic within 2 spaces, and deals half that much damage to any Shrine within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    Flight- This champion is Flying (This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. This unit has two additional ranks of Sentry and is immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded).
    Initiative 1- When this champion is deployed, it gains 1 AP for each opposing champion in play, to a maximum of 7.
    Oblivion Shield- Damage from the first successful attack from an attack ability made against this champion each turn is prevented.
    Short Lived 1- This unit is destroyed after 6 turns and leaves double the nora in their nora globe.

Woffleet and Authyrtyr like this.
  3. Xirone

Light Orb
    Race:
    None, Class: None, Size: Small
    DMG: 0, SPD: 4, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 10

Champion Abilities
    Amplify Magical- Magical damage is increased by 10%.
    Detection 2- Enemy units within 4 spaces lose Stealthed and enemy traps within 4 spaces are revealed.
    Initiative 2- When this champion is deployed, it gains 2 AP for each opposing champion in play, to a maximum of 7.
    Short Lived 2- This unit is destroyed after 8 turns and leaves double the nora in their nora globe.

Woffleet and Authyrtyr like this.
  4. Xirone

This champion is meant to be a summoner who can create two different orbs. One is an "attack" orb that causes damage when it dies and the other is more of a utility orb that can increase magical damage and detect stealthed units. On base, the champion has Drain 2 which can instantly kill either of the orbs to give her health (and trigger the Death Nova on the dark orb). She does not have a basic attack but can, from time to time, make an attack with Magical Attack. The Mage of the Orbs can summon one orb every round but the orbs have Short Lived so they can't stay for very long. Overall, I think this could be a very fun and interesting champ.

Edit: Oh yeah, KF Wizard decks don't have a viable source of Detection and so the Light Orb would be one way to remedy that.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. anahuac1

anahuac1 The King of Potatoes

hey guys wats ur address. speedway and alvernoon is ur main streets i was told but idk exact address

6. Xirone

Ideally, this champ would have a "dark" ability and a "light" ability on base. She already has Drain (a "dark" ability) but I can't think of something good and flavorful for the "light" ability.

7. anahuac1

heal mass or divine favor

8. Xirone

I feel like either of those may be too strong. I was thinking something like Purified or Blessed, but neither of those are perfect fits.

Also, ideally it would be a non-activated ability since she already has four activated abilities.

anahuac1 likes this.
  9. anahuac1

purified be cool.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Xirone

Yeah, maybe I'll just go with that unless/until something better comes around.

Woffleet and anahuac1 like this.
  11. Xirone

I forgot to mention earlier but another thing I like about this champ is that Dark Orb is usually the better summon choice if she is by herself. Conversely, if she is in play with many other wizards (with Attack: Magical) it may be better to summon Light Orbs to amplify magical damage. Of course, Light Orbs help the Dark Orbs cause more AoE damage so a mix of them is best.

12. anahuac1

amplify magic is definaly going to be useful for KF. my friend here say to put weaken spells but thts a horrible idea cuz Wizard relic gives spell resistance.

13. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

If non-activated, consider Regen, Equip: Rejuvenation Ring, Purified, or Blessed (last two were already mentioned).

If you don't want to put more abilities on it, consider removing Magical Attack, make range 1-2/3, and put Heal Mass 1 on it perhaps. Also, does she have a basic attack? I assumed she had one with this option.

I'd also put orb health to 12 so we aren't as much tempted to just make it a martyr for good ol' Thorn Collection. Similarly, I'd put Drain 2 to Drain 1 to prevent such an easy combo.

Keep in mind these ideas are simply based off of the past history with Bogwood Mireoak, who's Electric Fireflies were nerfed into the ground.

14. Xirone

Good points. She does not have a basic attack and so Magical Attack is the only way for her to directly hurt anyone. I could remove that and put Heal Mass 1 on base. I'll keep that in mind.

In addition, I gave the orbs 10 HP assuming that they would gain +5 HP from KF's banner (they would also benefit from Foment). 15 HP would keep them from easily being destroyed by Thorn Collection. Still, being in KF, Thorn Collection needs to be taken into account (does Oblivion Shield negate damage from Thorn Collection?).

Also, I'll keep in mind your suggestion to replace Drain 2 with Drain 1. This type of champ doesn't exist in Pox right now and so it is hard to estimate how powerful it would be. If the combo proved to be too good, Drain 1 would be a good way of slowing it down.

15. anahuac1

(does Oblivion Shield negate damage from Thorn Collection?).

No it doesnt thorn collection will still do dmg

xRugolth and Xirone like this.
  16. Xirone

Thanks for the info. I couldn't remember if spell damage would count as the first "hit" on the Dark Orb or if it would go through. Thanks, again!

anahuac1 and xRugolth like this.
  17. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

This sounds like a lot of fun. I've been using Mireoaks in a KF/FS deck and those orbs seem like they'd bring a similar harassment/AOE dynamic to a pure KF deck. The detection too would be a godsend, this rune I wholeheartedly support although the hp on the orbs may have to be changed to 11 or you might get complaints about it being OP in conjunction with Thorns/ Wrath.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

For a flavour perspective, sustain or transfer life as "light" ability would look very nice from a ying-yang perspective

Xirone likes this.
  19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

also, sustain and transfer life unified please.

20. Xirone

Some good points. Sustain looks like it would be very a good counter-point to Drain. I'll post an alternate version of the champ shortly.

In the mean time, I am thinking of removing Flight (she doesn't really need it), reducing Drain 2 to Drain 1 (as mentioned by anahuac1) and replacing Purified with Sustain 1 (as mentioned by GabrielQ).

I'll leave the Dark Orb and Light Orb as they are now (noting that the HP could easily be changed as needed).

anahuac1 likes this.