Magic The Gathering Pysical/Online Player Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Thonskie, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

As the thread name states, this thread is open for peeps who played, playing or wants to play Magic the Gathering whether it is the physical or the online version.

Tell us when you started playing and your most favorite card. Freely attach the card image if you like.
    Tell us more about your MTG experience.

2. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Started: Sometime between 1997-1999 when Ice Age, Tempest and Urza Blocks is widely used.
    Favorite Faction/Color: Blue and Red
    Favorite Card: Riftwing Cloudskate

[​IMG]

Cheers!

3. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I use cocatrice to play now and then. I started around prophecy and took a number of breaks though. I actualy have been trying to put together a cube (if you know what that is) http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/7352

soulmilk likes this.
  4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I play standard and EDH. Guess who my favorite card is.

5. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Nice info sir Gav. I've tried magic workstation before but not cocatrice, going to check and download the app now. kudos.

I play standard, extended and classic but I have not tried EDH rules, but I'm not sure if this is the same as the battle of Planeswalker variant.

lol, I really have no idea what your favorite card is. Checked your profile and got this from the interwebs.
    [​IMG]
    I'm a bit inactive during this cards expansion.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I started just after Revised came out. I still have a number of Dual Lands. I played every color, but Green was my favorite. My favorite combination was Verdant Force and Alter of Dementia. Coat of Arms was icing on the cake. I once removed an 800 card Zen deck library into the graveyard using that combination.

[​IMG]

Thonskie likes this.
  7. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I sometimes play on a program called "GCCG" online and for free. If anyone cares to join. Just google it but be sure to read the installation guide properly. In the FAQ you will find everything you need to know though. Thing is that you need to modify the config a bit and paste one more source link.

Started around Ice Age with my brother and never stopped. Dont have a favourite color anymore as I play everything pretty much equally. Currently mainly playing EDH and limited.

I dont have a favourite card either but a top ten. And in that Notion Thief is a notable mention.
    [​IMG]

but also Crypt Rats
    [​IMG]

Thonskie likes this.
  8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I started in 2007 when Planar Chaos was just released. (Or was it Future sight already?) Favourite color is black, pairs black/blue and blue/red. Atm not playing much except for a draft every few months. Imo ever since Conflux the expansions have started to suck, although I kinda like Theros (the newest block).

Anyway favourite card is Szadek Lord of secrets:

[​IMG]

Thonskie likes this.
  9. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Nice combo. In my location 'Mill' decks are not that popular during the tempest period. But surprisingly, there are lots of ways to force an opp to discard his/her library now.

Checked the interwebs and found this. Worth checking for mill deck enthusiast.
    http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/perfection-of-milling/

10. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

I remember running this when landfall deck became popular.
    [​IMG]
    I also tried some of the old land destroyer and discarder deck.
    BTW, thanks for the replies!

Keep posting your great mtg card combos!

11. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Thanks for the info reg the GCCG. That notion thief is sick and lol just remembered bog rats, good old days.

12. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Crazy vampire miller :confused:, and he's flying. Another sick card.
    oh and btw, talking about vampire, before vampires came out this is the card that i really planned on having.
    [​IMG]
    Art = Pretty.

13. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Another favorite combo of mine. Played this in Magic The Gathering Online when I tried making red green deck.
    Before, this is perfect for opp. who don't have destroy enchants....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I dabbled in high school when it came out (yes i'm old) but dropped that rather quickly because back then, what people thought "mattered". Played a bit with borrowed decks 10 years ago but it didn't stick.

Started messing around with the DotP games, 2013 hooked me kinda hard for some reason so I started following Magic in general when M13 was released. Dropped tenbux for MTGO shortly after. Threw a bunch of money away in drafts but mainly use it to Momir. Cockatrice'd a bit but arguing about rules with strangers on the internet gets tiring. I use Forge a lot. It's single player (which kinda defeats the purpose) but it keeps the addiction suppressed.

One of the best LGS in the country (well at least in the city) is like a 5 minute walk from my house. Every time I pass it I'm thinking about dropping in for a draft one of these days. Then again if I give in I might have to say goodbye to all my disposable income.

Magic is weird like that.

16. Authyrtyr

Disposable income is for the weak.

17. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

I stopped playing the physical card way back.... can't remember, but that was few years back when I'm doing college, and I'm 28 now.
    But then again my girlfriend/my wife now tried it too and we played together but then again that was way back 2005 or 2006.
    Got hooked playing MTGO from the MTGO pack(mtgo installer included) gift I receive from my GF/mahWife.

Basically now I play MTGO on/off and have no time of going to hobby shops anymore since they are far or some of them are closed already.
    Same as poxnora, when I started playing the game circa 2009 (on/off).

I just love the fact that Magic is still alive despite the fact that it was created way back 90's (same with poxnora) where I can come back
    again and again.

btw, In my MTG life I only played a draft game (this was when I'm already playing in MTGO) once or twice, since It's really expensive.
    I often trade in some card for tix and then get a bulk for 1 tix :D.

18. Authyrtyr

I like building obscene ramp that has no infinite combos but has no qualms playing Gelatinous Genesis for 10,000
    [​IMG]

19. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

I'd love to see this card own a game, specially when your opponent is already in a winning(too excited) state of mind.
    And below is a great companion to your posted card.
    [​IMG]
    ..all images I've posted in this thread are properties of their respective owners :cool:.

20. Authyrtyr

Unfortunately the rules of the format I play state that I can't run Fires of Yavimaya in my Omnath deck. I do however resort to Concordant Crossroads.