Magnetic Rover + New Ronin Equip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kendoshi, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

IS/KF Equipment BG

It's just not fun to play against...

Surge Equip + Hunter equip makes everychamp hit you for 30 dmg and the setup isnt hard to pull off.

Combine the 2-3 ap you get per round + stasis field.

I see the main issue with Magnetic Rover not the equip though. What you guys think?

Regards Kendoshi

Etherielin, jeeperz2 and Sunutsu like this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The equip is screwy too. That is a general trend with the new KF runes though.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That equip is pretty bonkers.

I don't like how it all goes so well with artisan, which is already a pretty good rune.

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

The equipment itself looks pretty op from what I saw, mixed in with magnetic rovers and a ton of KF debuff equips its gg.

5. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Magnetic Rover pays 50 nora por Magnetic pulse, has no basic attack, and has helpless. It's not like it's super easy to pull the combo, you see it coming from miles away.
    I'd target the KF equipments, and Hunter:equipped/Surge:Equipped abilities first; as they seem the problematic point here. Also, this has been mentioned before, armory revealing all equipments is broken.

Tweek516, Nora That and Goyo like this.
  6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Pretty hard to do anything about Rover because by the time you get next to it your champs will only be generating 2 ap and will probably be surrounded by other champs..

7. Rapidice

Helpless means that also has Easy Target, so you can range spam it to death. If it has Righteous Deflection, retreat, or dispel it.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Pretty difficult to do that with no ap, magnetic pulse has always been poorly designed it's a bad ability and creates one of the most boring repetitive bgs to ever play against.Let alone the skill involved to play this bg is minimal if any involved, it's an issue and a broken game mechanic it is pretty much a stall for every champion within 5 spaces.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I really hate to remove a mechanic from the game, but this is a case where it might have to happen.

RIP Magnetic Pulse

Pattn199, Poxlife, Axeraiser and 4 others like this.
  10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

since its amareth's equip can we make ability exclusive to faes champion equipped gain hunter equip if fae it also gain surge equip
    or champion equipped vain hunter equipped only

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Pattn199 and xezno like this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's a potential solution.

Poxlife, Etherielin and xezno like this.
  12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

or even both condition on faes which makes more sence since fae got low damage

13. Rapidice

I opened a thread last week on IS forums, about proposed reworks for Magnetic Pulse.

My proposal for Magnetic Pulse is:
    "Magnetic Pulse: At the beggining of your turns, friendly equipped Constructs within 5 spaces gain 1 AP. This does not stack"

The idea is to make Magnetic Rover a support for constructs (Magnetic frog would need to be looked). Giving upgrades like Bastion of mobility and Grant:electricity aura, tied with already available Planar Hold, would make of Magnetic Rover a nice support. It helps a slow theme with AP, shuting down flyers and leapers, and maneuvering through mobility.

This would help the theme, that has suffered the font bonus change.

Edit: note that it only affects Equipped constructs, so you have to spend nora in an equipment to make it work.

Poxlife likes this.
  14. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm waiting for the "nerf High Mason" thread. Its coming baby!

A new KF rune getting an IS rune nerfed. Nuff said.

Ovar For President!!

TheBulwark and Nora That like this.
  15. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

OVAR FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Dresnar20365988 likes this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There is no way Magnetic Rover costs 17 nora though. It is not paying for the abilities cost.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Equips are in the awkward space between fiendishly unplayable and horribly overpowered. Armory is unstable and incredibly powerful, and almost is equipment BGs.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'll love you forever.

19. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Good to see that people agree that this setup just leads to frustrating gameplay.

20. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

can we make anti equipp spells lower in cost. the FS anti equipp costs 40 nora and has a long cooldown. If somone deploys demon shield i have to use it, and then he just deploys a new demon shield and there is nothing i can do. I allread lost 10 nora from first cast