Magnetic Rover + New Ronin Equip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kendoshi, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

The equip player in this situation gains nothing from the equipment and probably leaves their unit in a position where, without that equipment, it is vulnerable. By using your spell you are gaining momentum and suprise value (and potentially killing a Champion).

Instant hard counters to game mechanics should not be more effiecent than the game mechanic itself.

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

No one mention elven artisan lol.

nerf magnetic pulse. It's a thing called so many times...

3. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Well, I could mention all the problems of the equipment BG, but the biggest problem is the Magnetic Rover. Generating massive nora with artisans and armory combo is a big thing that gets the BG rolling nora wise. But without the AP denial, one could deal with it.

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Artisan is a big problem. In and out of a equip bg.

Nora That likes this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'd recommend a wholesale (but simple) change. If you kill abilities, you'll have to deal with bobtards holding it over your head.

Magnetic Pulse: Equipments belonging to your opponent within 5 spaces are destroyed. Equipments destroyed on your opponent's runes cause lumbering for 2 turns.

CD4, 7 nora.

Gotta love the irony as well, he's now the antithesis of his yesterself.

sassquatch and Rapidice like this.
  6. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

kf rune, nerf is rune.... nice logic

Nora That and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I like this idea. Maybe make it to be similar to snatch, affecting all equipments, and gives lumbering to enemy champs only.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Do you know the slightest incy bitty teeny tiny bit about this game?

Ok, if so, you'll know that Magnetic Pulse is incompatible.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thats how it was supposed to be, kills all bad guys equipments and if the equipment was on a bad guy it gets lumbering.

10. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

i know that but nobody think on the kf equipment, its too powerfull too, the problem here looks like only our rune its OP, or broken, call it as you want. the people, even the devs, think the problem its the is chu chu magnetic pulsing everything, they dont think on that spell that equip your opponents from kf, they dont think on that equipment that make you lost 3hp an ALSO 1 def PERMANENTLY for only 25 nora, yes 25 nora... im ok wtih CHANGE magnetic pulse, to something that help the theme, but also take a look at all the things that make magnetic pulse work, and dont tell me magnetic pulse its a problem at high ranks, its a fun bg that SOMETIMES work, they already augment the cost of armory, this game its going to be only goodstuff bgs soon, and thats its what i dont want, but hey its a democratic game, so if all here want only KF goodstuff speed hard to kill runes, OP equipments, broken relics its ok

11. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

You can't attack back with 0 ap. Just saying....

12. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I watched this game. Ovar had to transfigure or lose the game at one point. Kenosha was playing the new OP lonx.

It was much closer than is being made out by the nerf callers here.

Kenosha just advanced the hyper killy lonx up the field. He never made much of an attempt to work around Ovars bg.

Given how close it was at one point and Kenosha not even attempting to mitigate Ovars deck and Ovars excellent positioning I'd say these nerf calls are unwarranted.

Of course none of this matters when discussing nerfing IS runes. If anyone lost to IS anywhere then surely IS must be nerfed. Clearly it was the rover and not the new KF equips that were at fault. What the nerf callers fail to understand is that the real culprit here was the High Mason. A "nerf the High Mason" thread must be started at once. Then the same dozen or so posters that seem to live on this forum can spout their usual nonsense about nerfing a IS rune. Good times for those that seem to have no lives, am I right?

Ovar for President!!!

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Speaking of that deck, is Forest Embrace + Recycle really supposed to work that way?

Sealer0 and BurnPyro like this.
  14. Strings

Work what way?

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You can remove F. Embrace early still gain its benefits, if you recycle get some nora back, and then reuse it. It is a fairly efficient if time consuming combo. Though I still question if it was WAI...

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Long story short : if you remove the Embrace before Cocoon is up you get to keep the stats.

Wording suggests otherwise

edit : can't test it right now but I'm fairly sure the same thing happens when you dispel a cooconed champ

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  17. Strings

That would seem WAI to me, given the "cocoon" effect is a condition is not a constantly applied effect, but rather a once off on equip effect (i.e. contrast with shimmering flower).

You do not keep the regen/web, though, right?

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't think that is the issue that Jib was bringing up. I think the question is "Should that be WAI?" Not "Is it WAI?"

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Can you reprogram it to something like -2 SPD and -2 DMG for equipped champions? The idea of the ability is good but just too strong.

20. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I have idea how tk change magnetic rover. Just make magnetic pulse so ALL equiped champs within 5 spaces get their ap halved, except the magnetic rover hk self. That also makes more sense from a logical point of view. And will make magnetic/equip decks much more difficult, but not impossible to play.