Main Website Lag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hfok, Aug 23, 2015.

1. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov @Moles @Wraith @Senshu

Just to raise awareness of this. Trader/Manager/Checklist/Message are all laggy, forum is the only place that's fine at the moment.

Using the Rune manager from game seems a little bit better.

Pattn199, EnigmaXIII, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Can't even load the main page.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Game client feels laggy at random this patch as well. Separate from the old problem of it getting slower the longer it stays open.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Thanks for bringing this up. We have received sporadic reports of a similar nature. As the moment the server appears to be in working order, but we are going to look into this further. As a note, it may be a good precaution if you haven't already to make sure your internet security software is up to date and all your anti-virus/malware software is up to date and run a scan. Also, to make sure your video drivers are up to date.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

please fix this soon. nearly everyone is having problems you really gotta get onto this.

Anima26 and EnigmaXIII like this.
  7. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Not just the main website going on and off for me. I keep getting disconnected in the middle of my games, and that's when I can get past the launch. Get on this pls, DOG, we believe in you. <3

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Since this thread was made, the problem has only gotten worse, would really appreciate another update.

Anima26 and EnigmaXIII like this.
  9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'm not having any issues with mine at all? What browsers are you guys using / have you cleared cache etc?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm having zero lag on my kindle, I'll check the actual computer in a quick sec

edit: no issues here either. It may be a regional thing, or an ISP issue or some similar nonsense.

11. Kryptakus

Kryptakus New Member

Some images on the website are not loading for me. The client is also telling me that it cannot connect.
    Edit: So I disabled my firewall and followed the other instructions on the tech subforum, still no luck running pox.
    Edit 2: Did a full reinstall, still broked. *sad face*

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  12. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I have this issue (website and logging on) for the past three days. (today, yesterday and day before, tried via steam, but that was not the solution)

13. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Tried Chrome/FF/Steam browser

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Regardless of its "appearance" its not working. I really hate noncommittal replies like this. Take some ownership, and as bad as this game is, don't let it mire in solvable issues like server lag. Find the problem and fix it. Don't tell us "it seems to be working fine" because I read that as "oh the problem is on your end most likely".

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  15. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

Still slow as all hell. Takes several minutes to load the forge and the rune manager sometimes.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Ok now it's lagging for me

17. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I bought this up last night internally and it appears that the server is functioning ok, however when there is this many reports - that is something we don't ignore and will be doing some further digging on. I know it can be frustrating if you are experiencing lag issues, but rest assured we will have it resolved as soon as possible.

18. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Yay a reply. Just keep us updated man, we just wanna know your working on it and not pretending it will fix itself.

19. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

My theory is its due to the hearthstone expansion. They want us devoted players to quit pox and join hearthstone because of poxnoras large market share and our undoubtable skill. Curse you blizzard. Pain curse you.

20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

The only lag I experience on the website is loading the rune checklist. It used to load much quicker, but currently takes 2-3 seconds. Otherwise, no complaints from me.