Mairdreth of the Rot: OP?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by davre, Feb 14, 2017.

?

How cool and handsome is davre?

1. incredibly

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. incredibly ... ugly that is

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

(I don't actually think she's OP)

But she is a really, really good champion worth consideration in more than just zombies. I have a hunch that all the Broodcall dragons have a manual discount, so even though she's more expensive than what most FW players like to play, she still manages to be one of the most efficient ~85n champs you can play.

I've been running her with rabid(1) and disease aura 3 in a deck with only mild disease synergy. Whenever she gets off a double-attack (not hard for a 7spd in FW) you're looking at 14+16+3+8=41 damage before defense/warbanner. Flying alone is worth a lot in this mapset, but she offers so much more raw, immediate damage that she should be getting a deeper look in a lot of decks.

2. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

I totally agree. Her and Corrupted Guardian is over looked by many FW players because many of us enjoy running a low nora curve. Disease is actually a really viable theme right now due to Forsaken Exploit. I would actually use Maidreth with Forsaken Exploit over disease aura because it makes double-attacking easier (Dead Fairy is super useful for giving rabid), and it prevents potential damage to your own champions or awkward positions.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Speculated she would be good with the old scorn build, never quite panned out. How well do you think she functions consider that she is a 2x2 melee at that cost? Is there growing room for units of that archetype?

4. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

I started using Corrupted Guardian with Forsaken Exploit and Tough (82 nora) a little while ago and he proved to be super useful as both a tank and a super hard hitter, but I have since then opted for Hunter: Meek instead of Tough (dropping it's cost to low 70s). The two champions are quite similar in my opinion and from my games so far, I think the Forsaken Exploit "theme" is pretyty viable. Flight on Mairdreth gives it more font harassment potential and since it's a bulky champion with 60 hp and nice defense, I think it is at least worth experimenting more with it.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Mairdreth is a steaming pile of poop, she needs to go to a small unit to ever be viable. Large units are to susceptible to knock back shenanigans and getting 1 rounded because they can't effectively retreat as well.

Anything above 75 nora better be op as hell in fw for me to even consider running it.