[MAJOR] Turn bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

When playing single player (campaigns or dailies), sometimes in the middle of your turn, the turn changes to your opponent somewhat: it is quite hard to explain so bear with me: You are doing something during your turn, say cast a spell, deploy a rune or attack etc, and when the animation finishes, the bottom right banner shows it's your opponent's turn, no matter how much time was left. You are then unable to do anything else to end your turn until the remaining time from your pseudo-turn is finished, and then the bot gets SKIPS its turn (forgot to mention that the bot does nothing during the turn it "steals" from you, since it is technically "your" turn). After the bot finishes its actual turn, you then can continue with your new turn, normally. Never had this happen twice in a single game btw. Has happened 3 times now to me.

Edit: Had it happen again, checked some things more thoroughly and corrected some parts.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Confirming. I had this happen during both dailies today.

3. Morfeas

If anybody experiences this bug POST-2/7 PATCH, please note it here.

4. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

Hey morfeas I need your help,I seen a old thread of yours from march where you said you played a few minutes and your game froze then you couldnt close it without using Task Manager.Now after the patch yesterday I have the exact same problem,cannot play daily skirmishes or single player campaigns at all.How did you fix your problem.?? I even uninstalled pox and reinstalled and still cannot play.

5. Morfeas

Hello friend. That bug had to do with the ability Creep and Crawl being bugged. The developers fixed the bug and everyone (including me) was able to then play normally. Since I doubt the same bug has come around again, (although it might be, because CnC was bugged AGAIN until 3 days ago, just not as severely, and they also reworked the ability in yesterday's patch), it seems like something else is in place. Try making your own thread and mail the devs themselves, but remember to be as specific and thorough as possible

6. CravenLestat

Thank you for replying morfeas..So far I have tried 6 different reinstalls and tried running in compatability mode with every option.Although I am using windows 8 but it does not give me the option to run with windows 8 compatability which is weird.Just tried again today was doing the daily skirmish and about 4 turns in the game froze and I had to shut down with task manager because can not close it any other way.It makes no sense because I got this computer for gaming and play everything like ps3 emulators and Sims 3 I have all expansions etc and poxnora was working fine till the patch then it broke my game.:(

7. Morfeas

8. CravenLestat

Thanks Newsbuff and morfeas I replied on that thread you linked me to.Cannot say "glad its not just me" because do not want or wish this to happen to anyone and know how helpless you feel not being able to fix it.

@Morfeas..off topic your avatar reminds me of James King,not sure if you know who that is but everytime I see it thats who I think it is.

9. Morfeas

Thanks for your kind words :)

10. CravenLestat

Hey morfeas guess what..checked the thread you gave me..found out all of us were running nublins pies..I took them out my BG havent had a problem since.Its the Nublins surprise piez

11. CravenLestat

Thank you sooo much for your help I appreciate it,if it wasnt for you finding that thread I wouldnt have thought to take out my piez.Ty you are awesome:p

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Are you still having this problem after today's patch?

13. Morfeas

No man, it was gone once the patch hit, as expected. Don't sweat about it :)

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Just wanted to make sure, thanks and 57 fictional forum points to you.

15. ngsimmortal

ngsimmortal Member

so many bugs around the Poxnora nowadays =,= bugs,bugs everywhere

16. Morfeas

Everytime you think of that, take a second to be thankful the game still exists. At least that's what I do ^^