Making Voil Progenitor work.

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Hekau718, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

I really want him in my bg! I tried him out, and people had a lot of trouble getting rid of him.
    Anyway, I added Progenitor, Sauropod(bodyguard), and Zealotry to a regular swarmy bg, with queens, protectors, the expensive boost one, voil caverns etc.

I had some success with it, but its hard to get the invincible army caravan going.
    I'd appericiate some help, tips etc on this topic.
    Note: I don't have Shallaxy and Infernals, both of them are so hard to find, I'm sticking with Cavernkeepers right now.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't think titans will ever be viable without being adjusted down... even then... most of em are large, slow, and expensive. . . .
    the only way to fix em is either 1) adjust their costs, 2) properly put them into a theme or splash with 1 or 2 submodule, so they'll be properly costed.

e.g, faultbreaker = rock defiance?, marsh gargantua = take root?, glacial titan = not sure, progenitor = will never be sure.

3. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but in his current form there is no way to make use of him outside of campagins.

He is way too expensive and can be killed very easily by any half decent player.

4. Hekau718

Bummer! Thanks for the feedback though.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

If it wasn't impossible now to get tokens I'd have tested it, but currently can just make an assumtion:

FW/SP:
    progenitor
    martyr (best way to deploy expensive champs)
    birthnmother
    summoning witches
    bat summons
    vitalizing clops drummer
    devourers on summon diet
    warwizard/whisperghast/transporter to give mobility to fatties
    coragh/thralls for early game stalling
    risen mogas
    peaks tactics

I don't remember if voil redeploy resets cds, if yes - definitely jester, maybe sorc
    ruub or timmy with equip - that choice requires testing

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

It should really have colossal!

7. Hekau718

Can't try it out for the same reason, but I'll keep this setup in mind. Thanks!