Manic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fentum, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

After ten years I STILL don’t fully understand Manic.

Just lost a league game to an unexpected move and would appreciate any clarity...

My goblin king range 1-3 with avarice, thus manic, is ALREADY ENGAGED to a 2x2 brood mother spider.

End of turn my king moves one space along the spider into a chasm. He moved away from the enemy shrine.

If the top of the spider from west to east is position 1/2/3/4 then the king moved NW from 4 to 3. The shrine was south west and he was already engaged.

I expected him not to move but only to attack. But I know that manic is a bit funky so I thought he MIGHT move towards the shrine and attack.

Instead he died a chasm death and the spider survived to pick up his shiny Nora globe.

I can only imagine that it might be the usual 2x2 issue whereby the king was targeting the very top square of the 2x2 unit.

I know Gobbos are just for fun but I really would like to understand this!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

2x2 champs are centered on the topmost tile. Your gobbo maniced towards it as it was the closest space to that point.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This is a bug with 2x2 atm that one of their spaces is not considered part of the champion which is the space I assume you were engaged to. In manics case it will try to move to the top right space of the 2x2.

Fentum likes this.
  4. Fentum

Lol yes I just edited my post as I assume it’s the usual 2x2 issue. Looks as though it is.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Manic is useless

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

For 2x2's Manic will always target the square on the top corner to the left. It will still attack the 2x2 regardless of if it's in that position or not but it will always follow its movement chart to end up

[​IMG]

It will always try to move into the shaded blue position

Fentum likes this.
  7. Fentum

Thanks very much . It’s the usual 2x2 issue then.

8. Fentum

Just to be clear, @Markoth says top right, @themacca suggests top left.

In general, e.g. POUNCE, it is top left.

Anyone know for sure?

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pounce and relocate target a space adjacent to a champion beginning with the space top left and then rotating clockwise. Manic is targeting the top right (really its just the top most space of the diamond) space of the champion itself.

themacca and Fentum like this.
  10. Fentum

Thanks. That is entirely clear.

MaruXV likes this.