Many of the new exo seem to be severely lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

blackblade baron
    blood abhorrent
    hyaenid houngan
    skeezick vanguard

These are all pretty much shoebox status. please buff them, lol. Such a waste of great art and new abilities:(. overcompensated too much... I guess this is slightly better than them being release flamefist, fire phoenix, fury of the storm, or elemental core. It was at least fun to abuse those though while they had 0 balance and where broken op. these new exo are so bad they aren't even worth running, their stats/ranges are just lol.(2-4 range and 8 dmg on abhorrent and if that isnt bad enough 2-4 range means it also only gets half of the ud faction bonus and he is 85 nora, wtf kind of bs is this?!?) the new abilities and art are very nice though.

the new ability ideas are really cool and the art for the most part is great. Please fix these runes @Sokolov

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Baron is totally fine. Like, he isn't auto-include in everything, but he's a playable champ that works much better in some BGs than others, and brings something a bit new to the FW mix, namely, Dictate.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree, blood abhorrent is horrendous why the heck does he cost 81 nora at his cheapest ? He's a 10 damage 4 range unit with 0 def and 50 hp, his signature ability at best is average.

TheBulwark and mw24 like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he isnt as bad as the rest i mentioned but he still is pretty weak, he cost too much nora for what he brings to the table stat and ability wise. Its funny, he is by far the weakest sapping armor champ and yet the most expensive.(maybe outside of dragonbark because of its stupid bark ability pretty much shoeboxing him and other other champs with it such as the new fw common)

also dictate is pretty much the definition of a sandbag, no champion benefits from having this ability. It does almost nothing for 9 nora, it should be a 1 or 2 nora ability.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Who cares about dictate. Commander and Speed upgrade are the way to go. Dictate is overrated completely.

TheBulwark, mw24 and super71 like this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dictate is garbage and is the reason draksar high marshal and enforcer of the circle are firmly placed in the shoebox. I told them to make it like 1-2 nora before this patch, they made it 9, lol...

TheBulwark, BroWatchThis and super71 like this.
  7. super71

Sadly dictate is 12 nora to damage your own champ 8 hp and get 1 measly damage and 3 ap, in certain situations it's good in most though it's garbage.

Fury-costs 3 nora and has no drawbacks
    invigorate- costs 5 nora and gives 2 ap

Your telling me the 1 extra ap is worth 8 hp and 4 nora, i think not. It's poorly costed along with a lot of things right now.

Snow shroud-costs 7 nora that gives an indication that someone doesn't know what the Firk they are doing
    Scrapper- costs 9 nora and you have to get in melee range to use it lol same duration also

TheBulwark and BroWatchThis like this.
  8. BroWatchThis

Exactly. It is far more negative than positive for the nora cost. I'd rather keep my blackblade at 80 nora with commander and the +1 speed. At least there you know what you're getting without having to waste extra ap on an ability that is so conditional, it makes you sick thinking about it.

9. BroWatchThis

LOL it's funny because people like the dude above try to say "it adds new flavor to FW" oh please... it adds a broken mechanic that isn't even worth it.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Dictate is strong. If you want to be taken seriously, saying stuff like "far more negative than positive" in regards to Dictate is not the way to do it.

11. BroWatchThis

Sokolov, in order to be taken seriously, please explain how Dictate is worth it? We've all listed reason why it is NOT worth the nora cost. So please, tell me why it's worth it? I assume with Blackblade Baron Dictate would be used in conjunction with the Gravebird, am I correct?

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

better to talk to him about it in pm out of respect. He doesn't have time to play the game as much as alot of us do, he is busy working on it. you cant be a dev of a game and master it at the same time.

13. BroWatchThis

I don't expect him to be a master, but he's been a good guy. Seems like kind of a ****** thing to single me out and talk down to me like that... I wasn't attacking anyone. I was simply saying that dictate was useless compared to the other abilities in Blackblade Baron's upgrade chains, especially for the nora cost. And yes, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

14. Sokolov

I think it's reasonable to argue that you like the other upgrades better, but I do think that "far more negative than positive" is a bit extreme of a statement, that's all.

In any case, the tradeoff here is obviously the HP requirement that grants burst AP and the permanent DMG increase vs the more consistent AP generation/cap of raw speed. So the question is how much extra value you place on burst AP and the DMG bonus. The value of the ability also fluctuates dependent on how what sort of targets you have for the ability.

Note that it is currently 10 nora, not 12. Poxbase hasn't been updated. I also think it's reasonable to argue that it shouldn't cost than +1 SPD, which is currently valued at 8, but I am not sure I could see it going any lower than that.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  15. Sokolov

???

Snow Shroud costs 4 AP and requires terrain and is clearly a support ability.

Scrapper requires no additional AP cost other than attacking. Scrapper also doesn't require melee. It is clearly a combat ability.

This comparison makes very little sense.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  16. super71

How does the comparison make little sense when they both grant evasive 3 and reflexes 3, it is easier to sit back and launch snow shroud from 6 spaces and spending 4 ap than engaging a champ and putting your champ at risk for attack. Also let's not pretend the terrain has anyone sway over st as they conjure terrain like it's nothing nowadays. I'll consider it a "combat ability when it's on a ranged champ" which hopefully i never see, until then it's a melee ability.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It is better to compare dictate to exertion. the 1 dmg it gives realistically is insignificant/irrelevant in actual games, especially on the melee champs that the ability is currently on. The ability wouldn't be a positive thing on any of the champs it is currently on unless it was like 4 nora at the most even then its barely worth its cost. It could even be argued that this ability is actually weaker than exertion rank 3 considering it takes ap from another champ and does not generate it itself as well as taking 8 hp like exertion does. Exertion rank 3 is 3 nora and still isn't very good or impactful in this game. -___- Also what's the deal with blockade and why does it only last 1 turn which basically does nothing yet cost 10 nora, this ability is arguably worse than annex which now cost 1 nora.

18. Sokolov

While the net effect on a target is similar in regards to the abilities they give, the nature of the two abilities differ quite a bit.

Also, I think if you want to include the terrain generation effects in your analysis, then the cost of those abilities would have to be incorporated as well.

19. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Snowshroud is fine. 7 nora and 4 AP, 4 AP is alot.

20. super71

So you think scrapper should cost more than snow shroud ? Why would an ability that grants such a strong defensive ability form 6 spaces away ever be cheaper ? Their is no risk to using snow shroud whatsoever. Scrapper is a risk every time you engage an enemy champ, the risk for snow shroud is very little.