Map Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Please post specific map feedback you have here for the current map rotation.

For reference, these are the current maps in the rotation:
    Axillium
    Dark Marsh
    Elemental Plateau
    FW
    Grove of Ashes
    Ironfist Mountains
    Ironfist Pass
    Nora Glades
    Ruins of Valdac
    Shores of Maljara
    Snarling Tangle
    Underdepths

I am currently working on further experimentation with maps further, including shaking up some existing maps with new layouts such as a 0 font FW map, a "maze" (2x2 walkable) variant of Shores of Maljara and a new version of K'thir Hill that favors Player 2:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Gnomes, Tweek516 and Woffleet like this.
  2. Sokolov

Please be specific in your feedback. Comments like "Maps are too big" or "Player 1 wins too much on most maps" aren't super helpful.

3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Maps are to big, also player 1 wins to much on most maps

thanks

flador, Anima26, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  4. Sokolov

This is an example of great feedback.

Anima26 and fattyy2k like this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Auxilium: Slighty advantage to player 1 if they draw a speed 7 champion. Probably not enough to make it worth doing anything about. Good map overall, I like it.

Dark Marsh, Nora Glades, Ruins of Valdac, Shores of Malijra, : No complaints. Like it.

Elemental Plateau. Overall like it a lot, though the potential for domi-cliffing is obnoxious, and it can be pretty hard on 2x2 non-flyers due to the narrowness of the primary avenue to the center font.

Forsaken Wastes: I dislike how much this map enables for quick shrine kills, but that is probably a personal preference issue than an indication of a true problem with the map.

Grove of Ashes: Strongly dislike this one. There are too many ways for you to claim the center font permanently or close to it through relic placement for me to be completely on board with it. Not sure what the best solution is, however.

Ironfist Mountains, Ironfist Pass, Snarling Tangle: I think create interesting dynamics with their mid-fonts and placement of side fonts while giving an advantge to flyers to some greater or lesser degree. I don't think this advantage is sufficient to make it worth changing them though.

Underdepths; This one should get a bit of a look. Player 1 with a speed 7 champion gets a strong advantage for the upper mid-font, and this has some of the flyer-advantage benefits of the Ironfist/Tangle trio.

Anima26 likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Underdepths also has some 2x2 issues. The mid font bottom can sometimes be captured by one player without much recourse and CC is extremely strong at that font. But yea, flyers in general has a big advantage there as well. Of all the maps in the current rotation, this one is probably the most problematic IMO.

And yes, EP's mid font area needs some art adjustment so we can change the pathing.

7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

It will benefit a lot 7spders, that's basically buff KF.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. Sokolov

What is this in reference to?

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The new map. You can get to the 2nd side font a turn earlier if you are speed 7. I would suggest moving it 2 closer to the shrine, probably while also moving it closer to the center font. Otherwise I think it looks great.

10. Sokolov

I will take a look.

11. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

I like the 2x2 fonts!

12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

that's the shrines

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Underdepths: Dislike this map. First turn player can easily get a huge advantage. With champs that can move far, they can either cap the top font or the bottom font before 2nd player can contest.

Can we get some pictures for the other maps cause it takes me a minute to remember them :/

14. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

The font at the bottom of Underdepths isn't fully capture-able within all 3 spaces away, the map cuts it off, and there is plenty of room for it to still be there.

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, not sure on the name. Pretty sure it's iron fist pass (with the bridges) - but flying is so strong on this map.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Darkmarsh: The shrine font for the player at the bottom has a single space on the far side of impassible terrain. Placing a relic there makes it almost impossible to take the font.

Sokolov likes this.
  17. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

A bit late to see the announcement... wounded kitten text could be "Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba"

18. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

well, 2x2 fonts would be cool

19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I like maps with lava.

20. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Im not here to complain about maps at all because most of my complaints have already been mentioned.

BUT

Could there ever be weather conditions added to Poxnora maps?

Raining on the FS maps
    Snowing on ST maps
    Wind Gusts on KF maps
    Dust Devil's in SL maps

Etc.

How hard would this be to implement? So far you all have done well with the moving Lava and water