Map strategies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushido, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey new players & vets,

I've found there isn't a good summation of the current ranked map pool, and the most important factors of winning them.

This is meant to be a high level discussion on every map, but since I am one of the best Pox players of all time, i figured I could share my thoughts.

1) fw 2l font:

Firstly, FS gets a ~10% nora advantage on this map due to the bonus, so they'll likely be able to out deploy even SP.

Mainly however, this is a deck building test; do you have some way to gain a ton of value passively. If you do, then deploy that, then sit back and react to your opponent.

I will also say that on this map, a good shrine transfiguring can make all the difference, as this is the best rush distance for how low the nora pool is.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

2). Fw 5 font.

This is actually one of the more complex maps to understand the most important factors for, because it requires knowing a precise balance.

• The first important factor is how efficiently you can take your first two fonts. Using a champion with swap or a deploy with a way to take a natural font advantageously is key.

• Next factor is how fast you can reach the outer font. KF have a great advantage on this map due to being able to mobilize to that font. But anything with good movement can outright win the game due to how far away the font is. The game can stabilize into a longer game at this point, (usually turn 7 or 9), and it can get really tit for tat with build up or font harassment.

• There is one last factor I'd like to comment on, and it is the shrine rush distance being very close on this map. Long ranged units can pressure the enemy font and force transfiguration, so it is always important to keep font pressure in mind, as it can lead to pressure opportunities.

3). Snarling tangle
    This map is definetly another deck building test: do you have a way to traverse terrain consistently?
    • if you are first turn you can take your leftmost font if you think it is better to see what you opponent deploys for mid, or you can try to get intiative in the mid font battle.

• Your flyers on the side font have a choice to continue towards enemy font, or support mid. Any non flying unit is going to be at a disadvantage in this map.

• Deploy AOE characters for the mid font, as you will be getting multiple hits off. If you don't have flyers, youll want to double down on your mid push and pressure the opponent's shrine generally, as this is usually the best alternative strategy, since you can reinfoice your side fonts farily easily on this map.

4). Underdepths

5). Ironfist Strong Hold

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022