Marijuana going legal - is it the way to go?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Sep 23, 2015.

?

Do you approve of marijuana going legal?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Do you tell your patients to stay away from salt and sugar as theyre potentially dangerous too if abused like marijuana.

2. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I am not generally against legalizing marijuana, but I voted 'no' as I believe most people are not aware of the dangers of consuming cannabis.
    Being neither a strict supporter nor opponent of legalization, my opinion is, that if it is legalized, it should be accompanied by a warning message like those found on tobacco products.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It is very dangerous for people with mental health problems. Can seriously mess up the psyche if you are predisposed for it.

Anyway, legalize it, it is less harmful than tobacco and alcohol. Maybe we could make tobacco illegal instead, so I don't have to tolerate those incredible ***** ***** ***** ***** smoking at the train station (in the "no snoking" area) anymore.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Yes, but they think I am crazy. Murica. :( Also, I am personally poor on my own avoidance of salt and sugar. I am working on it. Unvarnished truth.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed 100% with this part. Those warnings should also be present in alcohol.

darklord48, iPox, Geressen and 2 others like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

At this point I think it can be safely assumed that it will be legalized but the government wants to make sure it can regulate it first. I know that a fair percentage of my staff uses and I am cool with that as long as it stays on their own time. A few months back though I had to let one of my managers go because he showed up blazed out of his mind and was walking around telling the employees so. What they do on their own time is on them but when it effects the work place is where I draw the line.

As it stands right now if one of my employees was arrested for possession (I live in GA) I would have to let them go. I would be the first up there to bail them out but after that I would never see them again. If the law changes I wouldnt be under that obligation unless they were driving under the influence.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Actually, they absolutely do. Depending on the nature of the employment contract, companies can fire you for doing things off the clock of which the company disapproves, particularly -- but not necessarily -- if it reflects negatively on the company. Contract law is a lot more fluid and unbound than people think.

8. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Legalize. Haven't seen any good arguments against.

Kampel likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Many states are "at will" employment states which means that the employer or the employee can terminate their employment for just about any reason. If I really wanted to I could fire someone because I dont like them. That said, the employee can file for unemployment insurance and unless we had documented cause for releasing the employee we are stuck paying it for a pretty decent period of time.

Edit: It should be noted that contract law is different in these states and that not all employers use an "at will contract" in these states. You will usually see it in retail or the food industry.

10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I've never understood the appeal of smoking (not even cigarettes), but I've also never seen anything that makes me think marijuana should be illegal or that people who use it should be treated as criminals.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. DarkJello

The undisputed master of trees has spoken!!

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

uh oh

13. DarkJello

Are you bigoted against peaches?? ;)

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

yeah that's it

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  15. Bellagion

Yeah but DMR kids in the US are taught almost nothing about the real expected side effects and consequences of drugs. Instead they're fed Bane Shift like DARE that doesn't inform you but uses scare tactics to make you think that as soon as you look at a drug you immedately die. It would go a long way if the education system prepared young people to make intelligent decisions. Once weed is legal it'll probably be a lot easier to educate our youth.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    SPiEkY and Anima26 like this.
  16. Bellagion

Not sure, honestly...

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

?

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

19. Bellagion

alright guys I believe I fixed it.

20. Bellagion

There was an open quote with user=kalasle at the beginning for some reason #spooky #ghostsinthecode

DarkJello likes this.