Marketplace Rework

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Nov 19, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sudden thought. This game could do with less RNJesus, and more Pay to Play.

NOTE: The game will still be F2P but you'll only have access to the thirty something public decks until you earn gold gold in Singleplayer, and to an extent Ranked Play to buy new packs that are added to the store. You can still shard excess runes to forge ones you need. The "more Pay to Play" statement was in terms of revamping the marketplace, NOT the Free to Play experience.

Remove the Randomness of the Marketplace.
    People spend $60 USD for AAA games that have the replay value of a coconut. Would you be against buying the game in full - to it's current state - then spending an extra $30 every 4 months or so on an expansion pack while supporting the devs?
    I've not spent any money on runes in the last 6-8 expansions, and just used my considerable gold and shards to get what I needed. The reason? $30 can't get me the expansion. It'd get me a small portion of it, where a $30 dlc in any other game would buy me it's dlc in full. I can't afford these current economic ratios. Let alone the pox trade - player to player - ratios which indirectly increases the expansions total cost to acquire it. Players buying multiple packs in the current system can hit wallets hard, and it's not just the money & RNJesus, it's exchange rates and country taxes too.

Here's a list of the changes I think will help alleviate the current issues with the Marketplace. Obviously they'd have to make costing appropriate for them, but so long as the options exist I can reason myself to spend a few $$$ every now an then.
    • Remove all current packs/boxes in the store save for the current expansion.
    • Large Quantity, Non-Random options for Owl Credits ONLY: Stock (2x non-limited)
      • Buy - All option for Everything up to the Current Expansion.
      • Buy - All option for Individual Factions.
      • Buy - All option for Protectorate / Wrath
      • Buy - All option for the Current Expansion.
        • If there is limited in the Current Expansion, you get 1 of them 2x. The rest can be acquired in the Single Rune Store.
    • Small Quantity, Random options for Owl Credits & Gold
      • Packs & Boxes for Individual factions.
      • Pack & Box option for All runes at Random.
        • I mean ALL, like a flipping lottery. This includes proper rarity ratios for C/UC/R/E/Leg/Lim
    • Add a Single Rune Store for Limiteds, and Cosmetics. Owl Credits ONLY, Gold is Debatable.
    • All runes acquired through the market are non-tradable.

#Basesback2016, #Namechangetokens, #NewShrineCosmetics, #NewAvatars, #LessRNJesuswithmymoney

Lets make this an integrated Card & Board game instead of a Credit-Card & Bored Game.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Morfeas and Leadrz like this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I've been asked to talk about australia's economy in terms of pricing.

With the current pricing for a
    • 20$ =27-30AUD*
    • 50$ = 70AUD*

*Estimates based off current exchange rate and fee's.
    (current exchange rate is 1UD = 1.39 AUD)
    With the current RnG this makes buying packs expensive in terms of our currency.
    (imo i don't mind it too much, i accept that DoG does not need to have international pricing)

Though to sum up my point though,
    If I could pay 30 USD (42 ) I would instead of playing RNJesus for $20 USD (30aud) option. I was/am willing to buy the expansion, but I can't afford the $50 USD pack.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Auction house.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Band Aid.

5. Ragic

Better for new players than old players. Too much focus on trying to make old players happy = less new players.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Lets try to keeping the playerbase we have before we worry about new players. They're dedicated, and willing to $. Making it easier for new players in the start too is also a bonus, but the wallet the beginning to weigh on both parties.

7. Ragic

Old players not supporting an idea that doesn't increase the value of their rune collections = Not surprising.

It reaffirms my belief that the existing playerbase is part of the reason why the playerbase is so low.

Nothing against you Imagirl. I'm a big fan.

super71 and IMAGIRL like this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Oh, I whole heartedly agree.

Ah, I like you too. <3

Ragic likes this.
  9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I wouldn't attract new players, wich is really bad for this game. Since our playrbase is stable, don't see why not to keep things as they are, of course, more acessibility to runes for new players would be great.

PS: I always asked for changes in the Packs/Box system, but they never listen.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's not so much to attract new players. We've enough RNJesus in game, there no real reason for it to be in our wallets too. Also, it may just be me, but chunk purchases are more enticing than paying $20 for a lotto drawing. While I like the feeling of opening random packs an seeing what I get; this game is too vast for the wallet to keep up. It's presumptuous of me, but I think it'd be better for all involved to change the current market system.
    Same. One of the first Dev vids had Gedden admitting faction packs have already been priced before, but never implemented. Still never received a why answer for it. Even if it's an income issue, there are several things many a player has admitted to wanting to purchase. namely alternate rune looks, name change tokens, cosmetics, ect... A single rune store for limiteds, and cosmetics might be enough to attract that extra flow they need.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Were still dealing with this idea that the extended set box includes expansions 6-22 lol. This should have been changed a while ago when they changed the shard system and added all the new dailies. Unfortunately new players joining the game won't happen as much until they have at least somewhat of a chance to get the runes they want from boxes.

Ifem21 likes this.
  12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

A lot of other games seem to have huge success selling purely cosmetic things like reskins and custom sfx etc. Just look at MOBAs, theyre farming the £$£$£ from cosmetic stuff alone. Same with CS:GO all those skins for the guns, people are throwing money at the game in the hope of getting their fav ones.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Bearing in mind they have the player bases to afford getting by with just cosmetics. I think @Sokolov said something on the subject of just adding a Single Player Store to what we currently have and it was along the line of "We'ed get nearly all of our income from that first month, and everything after just wouldn't be enough to justify it any longer, the other games that do this have the playerbase, and the team to keep developing more while producing substanced content." Something like that. I'm sure Sok could elaborate more clearly on what I remember. In any case I was hoping to completely revamp the market. A Single Rune store just wouldn't be enough alone.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Pox is in such a tough spot right now. I still have hope for the future at least.

Ifem21 and IMAGIRL like this.
  16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

in all honesty. the mega box since ronin has pretty much given me every rune from each expansion. save an exotic here or there.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ok, So the first major Post by Sok contradicts, and supports much of what I said.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, I'm extremely tempted to just merge my thread with that one, and continue the discussion from that thread. It's so similar, and there's just a wealth of ideas, and information sitting there.

19. Ragic

Boxes are not the answer except for those with more money to throw at the game. To grow the playerbase you have to focus on smaller price points. I think one of the reasons hearthstone is so successful is that you can get a pack s day through casual play. We need that in pox. We need to get players opening a pack each day and feeling rewarded for doing so. Just getting shard value doesn't cut it.

I don't even think dropping free runes on players is the right way to go. You want them getting what they want via packs. This will make spending money on packs ( a much cheaper price point than boxes) feel more worth it.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

My system still has pack options available, however it also has an 'all in' option for those who don't like throwing money at something with a random outcome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against any idea discussing this really. I just hate randomness, even more so when money is involved. I realized that it'd be imposing my way of thinking if I didn't keep the packs, the boxes, and the options people want that include randomness instead of just outright taking it away. The packs are just more targeted at 1/8 factions instead of 1/6 and 6/27+ expansions like they currently arr. In addition I provided an ALL RANDOM pack which is essentially the same thing as the Extended packs we have already.

Note that I'm not sure if you were talking in contradiction of the original post, or just making a statement, so I made a reply directly to your comment. Got a little confused.