MARKOTH: Please make your awesome CTE thread

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by kilo, Mar 21, 2014.

1. kilo

kilo New Member

Looking forward to reading it. That is all :)

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

When I get home from work I will post a preview so you guys can see the format and give me your opinions. I am working my way through the runes alphabetically so the first two will be AoM and AoP. Don't worry the guide will cover both budget and meta decks they just happen to be the first alphabetically.

3. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dont forget Human / Pally Module

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Also, I like 6 eggs with my ham, poached, and be sure not to break 'em. And more ale all around! We're dry as fall leaves over here!

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Here is a preview of the first champ just to give an idea how the formatting will look. The guide is slow going since I am typing everything by hand. Most of the sites that have ability descriptions are either outdated or the formatting is off enough that it is quicker to just type rather than copy/paste and reformat. But progress is coming along nicely. Please remember that this guide is a work in progress and that his is just a small preview.

Angel of Mercy
    [​IMG]
    ✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
    Final Score: 7.5/10
    Overall: 8/10
    Efficiency: 8.5/10
    Necessity: 6/10

Upgrades:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[] - Intensify: After being in play for 10 turns this unit is cleansed, gets +2 range, +2 DEF, +2 DMG, is fully healed and loses this ability.
    [] - Cleansing Aura: This champion and all friendly champions within 4 spaces are cleansed at the start of your turns.
    [ _ ] - Amplify Healing: Healing is increased by 50%
    [ _ ] - Heal Self 3: [CD: 2 - AP: 3] This unit recovers 12 HP

Strategy Notes:
    Angel of Mercy is a strong utility support that becomes a long-ranged menace later in the game. Cleansing Aura and Heal Mass 3 along with Command: Paladin all lend to her strength as a Paladin mainstay. Flight is the main reason she shines over other commander options due to the strong map presence it provides on certain maps. On larger maps I would recommend deploying her as early as possible to get the most out of Intensify. Use her to capture / threaten side fonts until intensify kicks in since Command: Paladin lets her have an impact from anywhere on the map. Once fighting begins use her from behind your main lines so she can poke from range and support your tanks with her abilities. Be warned her Merciful ability prevents her from killing opponents. Avoid this by using her early in your turns and finish off targets with your other champions.

Replacement Options:
    Northern Cross Priestess - Solid support abilities and range make priestess an attractive alternative.
    Northern Cross Cardinal - Command: Paladin, healing and range make Cardinal a comparable option.
    Ironfist Inquisitor - If you are strictly looking for Command: Paladin then Inquisitor is your girl.

Notable Synergy:
    Angel of Protection
    Aspect of Divinity

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

And what about the flavor text? "She was the most beautiful creature i've ever laid eyes on, then i kill her" - Snogive the antbear

I can't wait this guide, i have so many questions about pally

7. Faust

same here

8. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Looks good. If there's something that I can do to help, let me know.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Note: HBOV allows for bypassing mercy.

Note: While Mercy does not stop her from killing relics and shrines, if she kills a banner and the resulting loss of 5 HP were to kill a champion, it will instead activate Mercy and set that champions HP to 1.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I will add both of these when I get back to my computer. Tbh I was unaware of the banner interaction with her.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That's why I'm here. Mr. Mechanics.

12. JaceDragon

Realy? i never mind this ty baskit

13. Faust

i might act a bit ignorant but what is HBOV ? i am kinda lame at IS i am still learnin

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah. Just have her kill the relic first, then let some other champ do the final dmg.

What stinks is when you are facing a 1-5 HP miscalc and she's only in range of the banner. :)

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Damn, the things this guy finds out...........you wouldn't happen to know my organized crime friend Vinny, would you?

16. JaceDragon

Holy Blade of Valdac, an exo equipment

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Holy Blade of Valdac.

It's really awesome and versatile!

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I got a guy at the IRS, I can find anyone in the US.