Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There will still be a couple days of nerf calls on the spells until people realize that AoEs waste the aggregate units.

2. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Butbutbut ISBONUSOP!!!! ;___;

Here's how we really fix GSF, folks. Have it refund 5 Nora for each real Groble, Piledriver, and Rock Eater you have fielded, to a max of 30, making it a 50-60 nora spell with 2x of each deployed, and then have the spell grant each of the 3 types of Champion a specific buff that 'transforms' them into the Groble Strike Force. Groble, at long last, gets Fury back. Piledriver gets a rank of Multiattack and maybe +1 Spd. Rock Eater gets...I dunno. Some resistances, or Consume, or something Rock Eater-y. They are the Strike Force. the Elites. The Grobles you call when things go wrong.

putoconcarne likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[Insert A-Team Theme Song]

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I know people will think archangel got buffed but it was just a speed oversight. Its still got abuse charged for no reason. AoM has improve range for no reason but it pretends to be helping a theme that doesnt exist so give archangel some random angel synergy ability instead of abuse charged for no reason

- also did it get its cost reduction from losing immortality or are we trying to pretend adding +1 speed when it was owed is now offsetting immortality loss?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I don't think anyone is making the mistake of thinking the archangel is a buffed or playable rune

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What changed with Consecration ?

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Stick to the Angel of Almara bro, Angel of Mercy having improve range is pretty darn sexy when we have grant + 1 range+ 2 damage and def, and flying for 30 nora.

That said, immortality loss really just made her garbage.

Who ever started the changing to Arch Angel for no real reason... Die in her charged fire fist that will never Be used.

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

I think its AoE was reduced ? But not certain.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hmm didn't even notice that in the patch notes. AoE looks the same but I think the duration is 1 turn less.

10. sassquatch

the duration is 1 proc less

11. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

so they dropped its effect by what a 3rd and upped its price? Classy.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So before, Consecration would stay for x turns, and then go away 1 turn before it came off CD. Now it goes away 2 turns before it comes off CD?

Also, Hallowed Trial is what got it's price upped. Consecration still costs the same.

13. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Apples and Oranges and Hallowed Ground should probably be 1 nora less but meh.

Anyway, Archangel was buffed the speed bonus up to 7 is really expensive, it was just offset by losing immortality with it she would cost more. I'd agree on making Abuse Charged 2, Spell Charged 1 or something, but that's just me.

Could Leoss Magnate swap CA: Ranged for Haste or DF 2? It's a pretty huge sandbag right now. CA: Ranged in generally I find over costed.

Are there any opinions on the state of Ironfist Inquisitor/Isran? Still not really a fan of declare Hunted (If you want something similar Duel would fit).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  14. Axeraiser

They have Declare : Hunted . Declare Target would be preferable heh , I'd really like to see her get Swordbreaker or Shatter, Paladins really need some anti equip in theme.

15. Anotherblackman

She was the first unit in the game that was designed around bounty hunter melee. She was never really great, always just good. But after revamp she was just a tad to costly, nothing a expensive ability swap wouldn't have fixed. The loss of Bounty hunter, the change of pace, it just made her another freaking beater. One with strike and no damage.

sassquatch likes this.
  16. sassquatch

i always thought she was "ok" pre-vamp... about the spot you want everything ideally. i did love making bounty hunter BG's tho and now mark's destroying the ability in faction because its an expensive ability.... who the F*** cares if its expensive. its about role/flavor/balance not efficient metaness. i even liked her post-vamp with BH and pace. it made for an interesting tanking/ap gen style. but al'mara forbid anything costs more than 79 nora.

17. Axeraiser

Shes now just another beater and not worth including at all, shes not worth including just for the Command Paladin and thats all she has going for. On the plus side loving post revamp Paladin Commander he's a BAMF. Would like to see changes to Inquisitor and Magnus as neither are worth running now.

sassquatch likes this.
  18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Next patch is likely gonna be 2 weeks "ish" out to give Gedden some time to hammer out some stuff, so it gives us time to figure out what people want to see. Because of the wait though we are allowed to make the list 8 items long instead of 5.

I think that Constructs need the most help this next patch but other themes shouldn't be left out entirely. 3-6 Construct changes, 1-2 "Paladin/CtE/Inquisiton" and 1-3 Barbarian changes sounds right to me but nothing is set in stone. My job is to represent the faction not my own opinions, so feel free to speak up and discuss everything no matter how far outside the box it may seem.

Short list to get things started:

Constructs:
    Dwarven Tinkerer rework?
    ranged options?
    What do people want Hoplite to be?

Pallys:
    Inquisitor / Isran - Mark of Al'Mara instead of Declare Hunted? Aditional changes?
    Magnus - What is his identity?

Barbs:
    ???

Gritmaw:
    Biggest issue is lack of champions. Think theme needs more to draw from before they become a focus.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This is what I referenced above. People think speed was "given" to the archangel when it was stated that it was "owed" and Markoth correct me if Im wrong but somehow lost the speed in the shuffle in one of your proposals to Gedden. So while it appears she swapped immortality for speed... it was really just an oversight updated and she lost immortality.

- She needs to either have the charge mechanic scrapped or make it meaningful. I think if you wanna go Charge based, you have to give her access to charged: heal and one of the offensive options on upgrade path B. But abuse charged is just meh without more damage mitigation imo.

20. Anotherblackman

well Markov I believe the most important thing about the old Inquisitor is the fact that she was a clutch unit. I remember you playing her tons of times and right after player her right, you would have just enough advantage to do something clutch. I can't even imagine you deploying her out side of some inquistion style of BG.

I would aim for her in two areas and focus on those alone. Elite Holy paladin or Righteous commanders. Seeing as Magnus was accompanied by two at all times with zedin shows they are elite Is units and should show.

I would change her into this.

Base abilities:

Attack physical

Shred

Fury- violent- call to arms

Righteous shield

Loyalty, regal presence, heart striker

Damage 9 speed to 7 HP to 54, def to 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.