Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I personally would like to see Paladins be more of the front line defender, tank, clericish. Priests be more of the healers and shamans be more of the support. There are exceptions to these archetypes but generally speaking a bit more diversity would be good. For this to work though there needs to be more synergy beyond CtE to push people to play more than paladins. I would even like to find ways for classes outside pally, priest, shaman to work in CtE decks like the Northern Cross Agent suggestion in my sig.

2. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

I'd like to see Shamans be DoT damage and debuff oriented. Priests are clearly the support because you bundle healing with support. A melee shaman with Disease 5 would be mega cool and wouldn't overlap the tanker/damaging of Paladins because of its different nature.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ironfist Stronghold
    Champions
    • Archangel of Al'Mara
      • Now has Abuse Charged (2) instead of attack Charged (1) on base
    • Attendant Squire
      • Now has a nora cost range of (56/58/64).
      • Inexperienced has been raised in cost.
      • Attendant has been raised in cost.
    • Charger Knight
      • Has 10 base damage.
      • This champion also has the race Barbarian now.
    • Crusader: Changed both Ability sets.
      • Ability Set 1: Throw Axe, Conqueror (default) and Execute.
      • Ability Set 2: Heal Self (2), Heal Self(3) and Trail: Hollowed Ground.
    • Ironfist Inquisitor
      • Declare Hunted has replaced Bounty Hunter on base.
      • Strike replaces Sunder in Ability Set 1.
      • Inquisition replaces Pace in Ability Set 2.
    • Inquisitor Magnus
      • Is now race Barbarian again, and so is Magnus the Fallen.
    • Northern Cross Priestess
      • This champion has been made more efficient.
    • Paladin Commander
      • Now has 55 hp.
      • Starting Abilities: Iron Will, Attack: Physical, Commander: Paladin and Hold the Line.
      • Ability Set 1: Rallying Cries (default), Impassioned, and Heal Self (2).
      • Ability Set 2: Command Charge, Command: Heal, Command Block (default), and Command Dodge.
    • Groble Rock Eater
      • Ability Set 2: Damage Aura 3, Pummel 2, and Tremor
      • The ability rock eater has received a cost increase.
    • Ironfist Glider
      • This champion has been made less efficient with a nora cost range of (49/51/54).
    • Dwarven Sharpshooter
      • Aim has now replaced Hinder Movement on base.
      • Ability Set 2 is now: Drunken, Hidden: Arctic, and Hidden: Rock.
    • Dwarven Hooligan
      • Ability Set 2: Replaced Scour 1 with Overkill.
    • Dwarven Windfury
      • Now has a range of 3-5.
    Spells
    • Refute: Text Update
      • The next opposing rune played fails and is set to a cooldown of 8. Other copies of the same rune in your opponent's rune dock are revealed and also set to a cooldown of 8. Your opponent is refunded 50% of the failed rune's nora cost.
    • Blink: Added a HP loss to this spell.
      • Target champion is removed from play. At the end of 2 turns, the champion is returned to play in the location where it was removed from play. If that location is occupied, that unit loses 5 hp and the redeployment effect is delayed for 1 turn (this process repeats until the unit is successfully redeployed).
    • Blessing of Al'Mara: Added Race: Angel
      • Target champion gains Flight; if you own target champion, it gains Aerial Supremacy and Race: Angel as well.
    Abilities
    • Dwarf Driven
      • now works properly
    • Catapult
      • The visual effect for this ability should now trigger properly when used.
    • Courage
      • This ability's damage bonus now caps out at 6 instead of 8.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Alright. Any comments on this patch? Notes are above. I think my targets for the next patch will be as follows. When I get back to a computer I will update the OP.

Complex Machine
    Construct Range Options
    Gritmaw
    Barb tweaks if they need anything.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Paladin Commander finally has Commander: Paladin, nice work.

Tarathil likes this.
  6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Bro... Sharpshooter lost farshot 2? that was the best thing about him...

Charger knights mega OP now. So im going to have fun with that. Same with magnus.

Courage has been nerfed once again. It doesn't even seem like much when I have it on a unit. Cheap buff spell instead.

Angel of Almara: this rune used to be my favorite but now it seems like she has been butchered. Unless she received a good amount of nora trim, she got hammered by losing her attack charged. Being such an aggressive unit left her with loads of ways to use her charges.

Ironfist inquisitor: She has strike, but she lost ALOT (And I DO MEAN ALOTTTTTTTT) of defensive power. Before she could take hits and dish them out considerably.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  7. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

The criticisms:

The Sharpshooter change hurts bad.... it should have kept farshot instead of piercing shot.

The Archangel change also sucks.... the inability to dictate charge accrual is disastrous. No defensive abilities means it wont survive to accrue and use charges from abuse charged. Give it scale armor back at least.

The Inquisitor change just hurts me... pace and bounty hunter was a great combo... it should have lost hunter unholy for declare hunted and immunity psychic for inquisition.... unless all units are losing bounty hunter but even then right now SP still has the spell and ST/FS/UD still have champs with the ability.

The Hooligan change just seems random but whatever.

The commendations:

The Paladin commander and Crusader are great reworks.

The other stuff is necessary I guess and looks fine at first glance.

8. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I'll have to see the nora cost changes when the site is back up, but at first glance I like the sounds of what happened to crusader and priestess. I really hope windfury got a price reduction with his range change.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If everyone is gonna be a barbarian, I would rather remove the race altogether and make all the runes and sinergies human instead.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My understanding is that in Ironfist they're all supposed to be barbarian. I don't remember where I saw it, but it's been mentioned that Gedden says humans are weak and easily corrupted, which is why you find them in Wrath factions and not Protectorate.

11. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Sounds like @Gedden is a LOTR Fan. Except...charger knight is human still. Does it say barbarian for you when you look at the rune? :(

12. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

From a noob...

Would giving BBB +1 speed on base and dropping the +1 speed from Sibling be too much? I used BBB in my paladins after the revamp and the thing that stopped me using them is the 5 base speed. :(

Paladin Commander hasn't changed yet? But looks awesome when it is :D

Hooligan - Scour 1 makes way more sense to me then Sunder..maybe I"m not picturing it properly?

Blessing of Al'Mara was a nice touch :D

Looks about all for now:D

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just at first glance it seems that Pally Commander, NCP and Windfury didn't get a cost decrease. Can anyone confirm?

Also Inquisitor can be run for 75

14. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Clearly Markoth is the best IS representative we could hope for. Look at all the Bane Shift he got done for us, holy crap. Good job dude I'll vote for you next time!

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I believe Windfury used to be 83 nora, and he's 80 now. Not much of a change, but it's something. He's a bit low on damage for that price though, making Stun less appealing as an upgrade. If he had 12 base damage and got Beserker replaced with something else (perhaps some Dwarf synergy, like Vilify) he'd be awesome.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have cracked the code.

Perfect the way it is means auto-include to near broken status, right?

theKraken likes this.
  17. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Remove immortality on archangel and decide if she's a tank or what...abuse charged is not good if your not tanky or cant make things attack you...also angels isnt a thing we got too many unfinished themes to try and invent something based off one misplaced base ability

- Improve range shouldn't even be a base ability on angel of mercy make it an upgrade. Angels should just be a lil module in paladins if anything. Now we have a spell that makes things angels which amounts to "maybe" +1 range after you jump through a ton of hoops. Also everything is now a barbarian...which means very little other then they are eligible to have rend hop to them from a chieftain. Woot...here comes an incite nerf due to bad foresight :(

- Inquisitor and magnus still just dont feel great. Bounty hunter is likely the problem as its been removed from inquis. But declare hunted is largely meh on a melee champ tbh. Magnus needs a signature ability like a consecrate "front" or cleansing flame ....he just walks around and isn't sure if hes a front liner or beefy support. He has 10 damage cuz of bounty hunter and 6 speed ...just lackluster for me considering i can drop an axeman now and do more work for 20 less.

20. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

How did the Nora Cross Priestess get made "more efficient"? She's still 85 nora. And yeah Magnus is pretty terrible. Drop bounty hunter for sure. The ability is OP when it activates but awful before hand. If it's the reason he costs 85 nora then just take it off and give us a 70 nora cheap beater with consecrate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.