Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- yeah priestess still looks fat. And once you remove bounty hunter the veil lifts from Magnus and you go..." Oh thats it?" Remove it and make him interesting..too much consecrate/command in paladins..make him unique. Some reverse of FW dead magic zone attacks...make him make tiny hallowed ground aoe after he attacks or tunnel hallowed ground...thats dumb but jeez something interesting at least

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff IS Harb next!!

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

god I wish you would all stop the "get rid of bounty hunter" rant... I actually liked having the option for a full BH themed pally bg. Stacking auras on a BH unit was fun. I wouldn't run this version of inquisitor. It is pointless to put declare hunted on a melee unit. Yes BH is an expensive ability but it allowed for a slightly expensive unit to be survivable. Now all 3 versions of inquisitive suck and pally commander still isn't updated.

Edit: neither is nc priestess but it's not like you control that aspect of the patch.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Isran still doesn't have race barbarian in the website and Elite skirmisher still doesn't have race: beast in it either. Both were patched to have it as stated in the patch notes.

5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I do think Magnus should be slightly reworked to have something unique at least but I would like to see BH at least remain an upgrade option at the minimum

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Magnus is boring, let's give him a wizard hat and a wand.

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Noted.

8. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Charged Knight is human
    Magnus the Fallen is human
    Ironfist Inquisitor is human

These as far as notes are concerned, I can only say, that many factions would like to have such representation in council.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What is everyone's opinion on the Tinkerers? What sets them apart from each other? Why run one over the others or leave one out altogether. I am not looking to buff or nerf any of them. Just diversify their roles to make them all appealing in their own ways.

10. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

My biggest issue with tinkerers is that Tinkerer and Engineer are really similar.

Old Tinkerer had its unique mechanic thourgh recharge/cheap summon spam.
    It's summons were pretty crap, but you could compensate by spamming them every other turn. Wish she could recover Recharge mechanic, even if that means a recost.

Enginner now its a tempo hit that puts you behind until he has summoned at least 2 grobles. With helpless, he has to sit really far from the battle and hope to not be targetted until it drops at least 2 grobles. I know his summons are beefy, but for that nora, I prefer to deploy a pure tank like RR, Colossus or Dragon. Usually I just deploy him when i have no other source of Boost available.

Silverclan Tinkerer seems pretty solid now, I just miss the cheap side font contester that paid himself with Motivate and Nora Miner. Craft was a nice addition to him, and would be great for the theme if 50% of the constructs weren't Unequippable. Something is wrong in that design.
    My biggest complaint about him are his upgrades. Grant:Fire Trap and Grant:Evasive(1) are lame.

11. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Paladin commander unchanged
    Nc priestess unchanged
    Courage unchanged

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Still capping at 8?

13. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

yes

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

K added.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Here is what I have just thrown together so far based on the last few pages of stuff. If there are any major IS bugs please bring them to my attention so. I can add to the list.

Bugs:
    Complex machine (Not working at all)

Stuff that got "patched" but didn't make it to live:
    Charger Knight did not receive Race: Barbarian
    Isran (Inquisitor LE) is not a Barbarian
    Mounted Hawkmaster did not receive Race : Beast
    Paladin Commander did not receive revamp
    (Speculation) Northern Cross Priestess does not seem to have received the efficiency buff.
    Tales of Valor didn't get updated. (Still needs a visible effect text.)

Buffs:

Nerfs:

Lateral Chages:
    Angel of Mercy - Cleansing Aura to base. Improve range moved to upgrade path B (Default)

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That is not a lateral change on AoM, that is a buff to make her more versatile and usable in any situation instead of having increased utility when used in theme.

SS change was terrible. But I know that you used to like power hits from stealthed so I guess you just changed him to fit your preference.

Tinkerer needs recharge synergy back.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

If you keep watching over the IS changes I will surely be glad.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Notes in red.

19. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

The tinkers seem more or less identical but only one is efficient, the Tinkerer.

Shatter, or lack thereof, seems to be a real problem for my Barb deck. What are the good IS options?

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Your only choice is to run interrogator, since they saw fit to remove it from the Terraformer, who was the goto shatter champ previously. I think that Hawkmaster may have had pilfer, which is also gone. Outside of that, you'll need to run disarm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.