Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

What the odds of getting the Rockforger down to around 70 nora? My dream is to build a slow-poke 5-spd only deck with Speed Trap. I've tried it before but damn is it draw-reliant and an 80 nora partial-support champion is a rough tempo hit.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That deck seems like a great idea, but it just never pans out.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

You have Interrogator, who comes out at 77 nora for shatter, declare target( 3 ap back on first attack for all units on target champ for 3 ap from interrogator and works with pummel), and the renegade has pilfer as an option as well.

Tundra barbarian was suppose to have gotten shatter as stated in a patch but has yet to actually get it as well.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Does Vitalize take effect after Speed Trap? Or does trap overrule it?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Which patch? I'll add it to the list.

6. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

First IS one. Where the barbs got a huge batch of changes.

Is there any potential for more changes or are barbs "good to go" now in terms of expected changes?

7. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

sxd
    Speed trap only reduces Base Speed. so KF FF bonus and any speed buffs still take effect

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just think that SS will now be problematic. Let me explain:

Aim on base, gives precision, 1 range and 3 dmg I think:

10 base, +9 PS3, +3 Aim, +2 Sarge +1 banner (I could keep going but this is simple and standard). So 25 dmg from 6 range which is easily boosted to more through BM, TacMan, Regal, etc. This allows for single target 35 nora kills on anything without ranged or physical resistances.

Strip armor, 9 AP, range 6: 57 dmg (at zero target defense).

I'll articulate this more by playing the unit.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You do know that speed trap effects enemy only, ya? Very few, probabaly none at all, vitalize champs being ran so I'm not sure how that would even be pertinent, but the way it used to be is that any speed increase was after, so KF would be 6 etc. I have not ran it since things like mutate and improve speed but I'd bet they follow the same rule. Base speed set to 5.

The main problem with the spell is that it does not reduce speed of new deploys. So things that are summoned/deployed after the spell is cast but during its duration are normal speed.

That and it effectively only lasts 2 rounds.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Mark doesnt really do this kind of thing when he is proposing buffs to things.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Effectively, this would be like creating a spell that, for 35 nora does the following: Target enemy champion within 6 spaces of a Dwarven Sharpshooter is destroyed, the Sharpshooter loses all AP. 35 nora.

This is a tad overdramatic, but it illustrates my point.

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much, yes.
    Again, Im not holding this against Mark or anything, but hes new to this whole council thing, and did stay away from the game for like what, 2 years? Idk.
    Seems out of touch with reality to be proposing buffs to things when in fact what we need to do is tone stuff down first.

13. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

To differentiate the tinkers I would like to see something like this:

Tinkerer
    Base: recharge, summon crab, build em tough, boost 3
    Upgrade 1: spell charged 1/2/3
    Upgrade 2: Grant electric aura, mason 3

Engineer
    Base: atk: physical, build em tough, summon groble, helpless
    Upgrade 1: boost 1/2/3
    Upgrade 2: shatter, mason 3, rev em up

Handler (including him here cuz he needs work too)
    Base: atk physical, drive, +1 spd
    Upgrade 1: boost 1/2/3
    Upgrade 2: rev em up, regal presence, train death nova physical

I think the silverclan guy is in a good spot if a bit efficient.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I should say the same, since my posts are often curt. I think Markoth is great, and he's the best person for the job. As we both know, council work is hard, and I imagine with Gedden its even that much more difficult.

15. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Counterpoint: PS3 Sharpshooter is 86 nora and fairly squishy. And you opponent is dumb if he stays within 6 range of one. Lots of factions can put out that much damage for a similar nora investment.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My SS will be stealthed, dumb has no part in the discussion if I can eliminate your detection or you don't happen to have any.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hit me with whatever you feel needs to be done and it can be discussed here. I get back in town tomorrow so I can do much more testing. I want to make sure any outstanding bugs get taken care of first as well as make sure that paladins don't go out of control after this last patch.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Updated List:

Bugs
    :
    Complex machine (Fixed)
    Boost overlap -http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/boost-overlap.5722/

Stuff that got "patched" but didn't make it to live:
    Charger Knight did not receive Race: Barbarian
    Isran (Inquisitor LE) is not a Barbarian
    Mounted Hawkmaster did not receive Race : Beast from two patches ago.
    Tundra Barbarian did not receive disarm from 3 patches ago (Tarth)
    Paladin Commander did not receive revamp
    (Speculation) Northern Cross Priestess does not seem to have received the efficiency buff.
    (Unconfirmed) Tales of Valor didn't get updated. (Still needs a visible effect text.)

Buffs:

Nerfs:

Lateral Changes:

19. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Tales of valor , done
    Paladin Commander, done
    NC Priestess done

Mounted Hawkmaster was beast before patch(i think elite skirmisher was in question)
    Charger knight still not barb
    Isran, IS inquisitor not barb

Tarth likes this.
  20. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Edit courage is not changed. still 8 hp

21. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Are you certain about NCP? She still seems the same cost to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.