Marriage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OriginalG1, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm in favor of restricting most people's access to the gene pool, personally.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Indeed. Who else is going to pay off our debts? ;)

DarkJello likes this.
  3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Basket...any idea how many kinds of apples there are?

You got it backwards. The gay apples just want the straight apples to stop treating them like oranges.

Fyi, so does Jesus.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Fixed, may have gotten in there when we did a bucket dump of "censored" words from a 3rd party database.

Ohmin likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Thanks!

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Thanks for that, Senshu.

I thought that was pretty strange . I was wondering why i was getting hit by the censor for using normal words!

People don't seem to use much of the extra foul language on the forums where they get caught easy. they save that for the live chat when no greens are logged in. Too bad really, but trolls will be trolls.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

How did this comment get its own post? I did not make this as a post it was comment under another topic. Also I noticed some comments of mine disappearing. @Senshu

8. OriginalG1

and the comment was removed from the original post. :|

9. OriginalG1

I see their has been a general house cleaning enforcing your forums rules. About time.
    still is a lot of this though:
    7. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
    9. We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting is prohibited.

Number 9 even has stickies in trade forums.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the mod powers i have are the abilities to move posts, to lock/open threads (also to post in locked threads), and sticky/unsticky threads. your post would have been moved from the original thread. i know of no way, given my mod powers (i wasn't the mod who moved this but i assume all the player mods have the same power), to duplicate posts. maybe i didn't look hard enough, but regardless

when you say the comment was removed from the original post, do you mean that your post was moved from the thread it was in (1 post total and now 2 threads), or that there are 2 posts that that one exact comment has been in?

if the first, then i'd think it was a whole separate discussion going on in the thread that got taken out. your post was removed because it was determined to be the root of it, and you don't want to leave the root when you move the rest of the plant.

if the second, i don't know. i don't think i have the ability to do that, but it's the same basic principle as what i just described above.

rule enforcement here, from what i have seen and interpreted, tends to be less about strictly following the rules and more about making sure that they aren't being abused. as for the selling runes thing, i think senshu's actually come down more/more frequently on people for that than radar did

i won't claim to be able to answer fully for senshu, but that's what i've got

11. OriginalG1

I did not create the thread "Marriage"
    "K'thir In General... is happy about the USA marriage laws." was a comment in the post "K'thir In General..." under the k'thir forums. My comment was removed from "K'thir In General..." without me knowing and today noticed this "Marriage" topic which says I created it, but I did not.

I do not really care though, my comments was almost a thinking out loud thing.

I can see how my comment could be interpenetrated as breaking code of conduct rule 1. To confirm this I looked for the comments attacking MW24 and saw a large number of those comments where also removed. I assumed there was general clean up to enforce rule 1 through out the forums.

It was just interesting to see a forum post I did not create be credited to me, then to open that post and see the "K'thir In General... is happy about the USA marriage laws." only to realize that the original comment in the original post was removed thus taking the comment out of its original context, and fulling a different discussion.

Like I stated previously, I was just trying to connect the dots to figure out how the "Marriage" post started.

12. OriginalG1

I can conclude if my comment got the original post off topic because I did not follow it :p

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you're credited with starting this thread because your post is the beginning of it. whichever mod actually made it (and titled it)

generally these forums allow for a whatever amount (it varies) of random fluff posts, but when a whole secondary discussion pops up (what we're having right here is practically a tertiary discussion for this thread i think, but it's OT and no one else is posting in it right now so i'm not *too* worried) then that can get split, which brings us back to the whole "you provided the root of the thing" bit

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

I did know you where a mode Dagda!

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

arguably better than being a mean

PurpleTop likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You started a derailment train on another thread. Darklord suggested it become it's own thread, and from what I saw there was an actual discussion being had so I moved it to OT as it's own thread; in the process cleaned up the original thread. heh puns...

As far as I can tell from the trash, no comment save for one was removed from this thread, and it wasn't yours. I also see no deleted posts on this thread save for 1 (again) not yours. So if it be true that your posts are disappearing from here, it's probably a forum error.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

/\ that is pretty much the case, if a post in a thread starts derailing the thread but the derailment is a valid topic. Then it may be spun off as a new thread rather than deleting all the off topic posts in the original thread. In this case someone requested in the original thread to spin this one off.

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Back on topic, I think the distinction to be made is discrimination against being gay (which should imo be viewed the same as discrimination against race or gender) and discrimination against a political message.

You shouldn't be able to refuse service based on sexuality but arguably should based on a political opinion.

Being pro gay marriage is essentially political, though the fact that it is a (political and cultural) right enjoyed by straight people muddies the water.

So, yeah, it's muddy.

20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Muddy water discriminates against clear water. ;) But a whole bunch of clear water can mess up the happiness of muddy waters. #MudDilemma

Civil union is one thing, and marriage is another. Separation OF church and state is groovy, but big business filled the void and Krapitalism was born.