Massacres in Paris: Nov 13th, 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 13, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

"At least 15 people were killed in shooting attacks in Paris late Friday and three others were killed following several explosions at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, west of Paris, Paris Deputy Mayor Patrick Klugman told CNN. He said President Francois Hollande was evacuated at halftime of the France-Germany soccer match.

Paris police tell CNN there were three attacks. Attackers reportedly used AK-47 automatic weapons. There were one or two explosions at the Stade de France."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

(Emphasis mine. Actual assault weapons in mass murder attacks are very rare, in the West).

"At least 30 people were killed in attacks in Paris and a hostage situation was under way at a concert hall in the French capital, French media reported on Friday.

Several explosions were heard near a stadium where a friendly France-Germany soccer match was being held, attended by President Francois Hollande.

Police helicopters circled the stadium north of Paris as Hollande rushed back to the interior ministry to deal with the situation."

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Paris_attacks_2

"DEVELOPING - At least 26 people were killed in multiple Paris terror attacks Friday, the Associated Press reported.

At the same time, up to 60 hostages were reported taken at Paris Bataclan concert hall.

The attacks involved a shootout in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondisement and an explosion in a bar near a Paris stadium. Simultaneous attacks are a trademark of terrorist operations.

At the same time, up to 60 hostages were reported taken at Paris Bataclan concert hall.

The attacks involved a shootout in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondisement and an explosion in a bar near a Paris stadium. Simultaneous attacks are a trademark of terrorist operations."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/1...shootout-and-explosion-in-paris/?intcmp=hpbt1

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

The hell does that have to do with anything?

PurpleTop likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

did you really just try and push your own agenda on a tragedy?

PurpleTop likes this.
  5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Firstly, comments like this are very unnecessary
    Secondly, France is a western country

PurpleTop likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Early reddit updates indicating at least 100 killed inside the concert hall. Would bring the early death estimates to 160.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well ... gotta say, i'm impressed that after months upon months of Isis calling for an attack on France for bombing isis in iraq and syria something actually happened.

also this is terrible.

8. DarkJello

Absolutely horrific day for humanity!! France has responded perfectly. Impressed.

Just got over the mountains, heavy rain for nearly one hour, and finally have time to read more reports on CNN about the massacres. I left my house right after making this thread, so barely getting up to speed. Reports were brand new when I posted links in the OP. Details were literally changing by the minute. Gonna load up my 5 kids, and get to our suite in Seattle. Laptop died a few weeks back, so I will reply with my phone again to set some of u peeps straight. SMH.

9. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

May the victims rest in peace and the perpetrators burn in Hell.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. DarkJello

First, details were changing by the minute when OP created.

Second, in Murica we are bombarded with stories of "assault weapons/rifles" that are actually just standard, modern weapons. So the fact that witnesses reported the use of automatic long type guns, meant it was almost certainly a terrorist attack. It is nearly impossible to acquire such weaponry in Murica. I wonder how often France authorizes automatic guns...

Add in the # and types of locations, the city, the country, the timing--soccer match and day of the week and Al Gore broadcasting live from Eiffel Tower--reports of homicide bomb(s), rapidity of destruction, and the praise bouncing around the internet from some of the standard Islamists... And it all points to the best terrorists of this era.

In summation, the use of automatic weapons was/is a salient point.

@themacca CNN reported the fact that automatic guns were used in these horrific attacks. I highlighted that fact. And I included the fact that such weapons barely ever get used in mass murders. Why do u think such facts equal pushing an agenda?

@Makorov facts are unnecessary? France is in Europe. So... Ummm... Western.

Gonna scour for details on these terrorists. Peace for fam and friends of victims.

11. DarkJello

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

President Obama's quote is exactly correct.

• U.S. President Barack Obama spoke with French President Francois Hollande to offer condolences and assistance in the investigation, the White House said. Earlier, Obama said, "This is an attack not just on Paris, not just on the people on France, but an attack on all humanity and the universal values we share." He called the attacks an "outrageous attempt to terrorize innocent civilians."

FYI, Drudge Report has a bunch of eye opening links right now--2128 Pacific.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

IIRC the French are one of our (US) closest allies.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can you stop trying to push Your agenda Dark- 'shakin my head' 'I evolved into a libertarian'-jello, if that's your real name!?

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that is not how people work. you all know this is not how people work.

16. DarkJello

It appears that, once engaged by armed police, some of the terrorists blew themselves to Hades. But we are talking an hour or more later here, NOT a few minutes. Terrorists slaughtered a lot of people "one by one" before armed forces stormed the concert building.

No way to ever stop all attacks, sadly, but odds are better in some countries than others. Pros and cons to everything. I just got my concealed carry 3 days ago, although gonna voluntarily take an 8 hour class before I start packing heat. Wife was already moving forward on this, and I just bought her a revolver last week. (She wants to keep it as simple as possible--thus no semi auto). I am proud to be married to a red blooded American gal.

As painful as these events are, humanity has overcome a LOT worse. And we will, as a species, be forced to survive even more dire situations in the next few years and decades. The matrix won't be shattered easily. Inertia must be overcome on the personal and familial level before "things" will really change for the better. Si se puede!!

17. DarkJello

I have been researching the terrorist attacks for nearly 3 hours now, from 2-3 dozen different articles. (Some I read twice). Scope and magnitude are HUGE. Stefan Molyneux is beyond epic in the following vid:

Don't bother watching if u can't handle passion and/or u will continue to defend the big gov approach--namely that the West is essentially innocent and only a few thousand terroristic lunatics are opposing true progress towards a soon-to-arrive utopia for most of humanity.

18. DarkJello

I will NOT stop sharing what I perceive to be truth.

My goal is never to stop evolving. Open minded FTW. Weird thing for u to oppose.

19. DarkJello

People are wonderful and/or horrible and/or fascinating and/or inspiring in so many different ways.

20. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

My thoughts are with the citizens in Paris right now.

DarkJello likes this.