Maxx & stitched combo & aspect of growth need a nerfing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushido, Feb 7, 2021.

1. rbkillea

rbkillea New Member

After your last 20 games you have experienced a -40 change to your rating playing stitched...

Scrijordan likes this.
  2. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

I recommend waiting until you've gotten back up to at least the rank you had when you started testing the Stitched combo before you start gloating; if all of the non-Heajmac losses you're racking up truly are 100% due to learning curve (which is definitely plausible, it is a tricky BG to pilot), then a little patience will give your words much more impact. Get to the point where you actually are winning most games and rocketing up in rank, then let's talk about who's eating whose words.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Is Bushido still talking? He's been iggied. Unfortunately, he has to keep to his hyper-intelligent narrative or risk losing some pride. Is it possible to just kill this thread or delete it? It's not worth anything memorable.

4. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Typical college professor mentality, plague to society.

Check again. It's not going to happen over night tho, firstly I am still learning and optimizing deck, secondly I don't always have time to play. In fact I tend to lose a game or two I shouldnt because I play at work... like the igor game I lost today only because I was late 2 turns and distracted.

I'd say another thing as to why im not a high high rank yet, but it would reveal too much of my strategy. So I'll update after I gain more rank.

But, honestly, I talk big because I'm confident in myself, I'm not biased, and I have a fair amount of experience. I don't need to be rank one to tell when something is op, I can get top ~25 (first page on leader boards) fairly easy and consistently. And that rank is enough to face good enough players to know when something is op and something is not.

5. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

Cool, cool - I'm not expecting it to happen overnight, and I'm not assuming that it won't happen. Playing a BG is a really good way to demonstrate whether it's OP, and I appreciate the energy you're putting into this.

6. Bushido

Yeah, to be honest I always prefer to argue about game design versus power level, because power level is usually much harder to judge. The problem is, stitched combo was edging out so many fw decks, I had to use it. I noted that spirits would "never be viable so long as stitched combo exists" for example. Played a spirits game yesterday, and he was using aaryo portal to get his surge damage up. I was using aaryo portal to get free real units. I'll take 5 real 65 nora units over +5 surge damage any day.

The problem is there are other things just as bad, but they go unchanged because of biased balancing. I expect eth to nerf stitched combo, and simultaneously ignore things like maxx, jellibrium, and aspect of growth. Which was the whole point of this topic... very obvious outliers that he refuses to nerf.

7. Bushido

anyways, i got to about 1560 before i fell. I can't keep playing this, its too boring. Every loss has been because i was droning through the motions to just prove @Etherielin what a ****** he is, but i honestly have more of a life than that (slightly). If there was a tournament setting, i would run this deck with full confidence. There is literally nothing wrong with the deck, its top tier. Its also mind numbingly boring. Like VERY Firking boring. i estimate ~ 70% of my losses were because of how Firking boring this Bane Shift was. ones that stick out were jellibrium and sex box. games, that i could have won but just was in auto pilot mode. EVERY single game you have to mind numbing do the EXACT same thing. its literally as tedious as copy and pasting Bane Shift in excel. and i do that all day, i don't need to simulate it in pox.

so in conclusion, eth is an idiot, and ive already proved i was right the entire time (ask gutiarape, boregnar, thepoxlegend ,dmr, hermaios, and all the other ppl i beat . Check out the NUMEROUS top tier players i defeated with the combo (including smurfs). It wasnt Firking hard. What was difficult, was GRINDING through this Bane Shift ladder. I didnt care about ladder points PRIOR to this combo. With this combo i'd rather do a multitude of things, such as uninstall pox instead.

In conclusion, im done with pox for awhile. It is clear @corticies, @Sokolov picked the wrong person to balance and make changes to this game. If he can't even see there is something GROSSLY wrong with this combo, he doesnt deserve to balance this game. He is just a control freak who likes to have the power of being a mod god, the tried and true trope. I really hope for the good of pox, he is removed, as im not spending anymore money on this game.

I also hope that jellibrium, maxx, and this stupid Firking combo get fixed. As well as everything else in the other thread i made (things that should be nerfed), because its Firking obvious how cancerous they are. maybe then this game will actually be fun to play again.

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ding dong the witch is dead.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Please don't tag me on something I have absolutely nothing to do with. I didn't "pick" anyone.

Etherielin likes this.
  10. Bushido

Ok, well i was obviously trying to appeal to someone who could "pick" someone else besides @Etherielin to balance the game. I'm sorry I performed a micro aggression against you sokolov, please let me know your preferred pronouns so I don't further insult you by assuming you go by he.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sok doesn't even work on the game anymore. Why can't you understand that?

12. Bushido

Literally just trying to alert someone of how bad the balancing is, idc if it doesn't work, low effort on my end.

13. Bushido

Hey well im top 10 using stitched combo now, i farmed bad players like burn pyro, markus, whocoulditbe, dmr, etc to get my wins (sarcasm, these are also best players). I'd go for top 5, but I honestly am going to quit this awful game that the stupid dev Beth ruined through his massive ego and limp wrists.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  14. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Nice work DM getting into top 10 while playing a BG you don`t even like! I think it proves the point about the BG strength.

Bushido likes this.