Medic Lost Immunize and not his sandbag damage.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Dismantling rune flavor is gud.

super71 likes this.
  2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Oh I was going to play him becausr of immunize. The amount of inhibited is just to damn high

super71, Anotherblackman and Anima26 like this.
  3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Needs a nerf imo, but doubt itll get it because FW guys will not be happy about it. As far as DoTs go its hella strong. People were *****ing about Poison DoT being too good. Ha.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't mind this one so much but sok does get rid of a lot of flavorful abilities and then leaves things like damage on them for no reason. Runes like armorer could lose attack physical and all their damage and higher defense and i would be cool with it.

Xzablaz likes this.
  5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I think the reason he's got 5 damage is because he'd be far too cheap without its cost added into the formula. Of course, he had 5 damage before the revamp, but nowadays at least there's some rationale for it.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

FW will just start running Skull of Decay at 20 nora now, don't worry about the Disease.

Am a bit sad he lost Immunize. That was neat, if highly situational.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What the heck. You suggested this removal and MANY OTHER flavorful abilities to be removed. You make no sense :(

Xzablaz likes this.
  8. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

You do realize he whines every post he makes dont you?

9. super71

Hence i said i don't mind this one that much lol. However things like nature's blessing which are pretty unique confuses me why it got removed, it was unique for trees but a bit over costed. I want the majority of rank abilities to go as most are very under powered.

10. Sokolov

Nature's Blessing is functionally almost the same as Cleanse, just dramatically worse.

11. super71

Yes but it is very unique compared to cleanse and could have been made better. Things like dodge ranks, block ranks, rank 1 of resistances, rank 1 dots can all go and it would hardly change the game.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  12. Sokolov

It's not unique if it's basically the same as another ability. There is no reason to have both.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. super71

It felt unique within the tree theme and it gave some extra defense plus the name was cool, perhaps use the name with another ability later =).

14. Sokolov

It's still on the Avatar.

15. Anotherblackman

You listen to trolls but not the people who actually play the game?

So you left the 5 damage so we can use that kick ass glorious charge+ medic combo that wins games solo.

Seriously Sok... Immunize was OP.
    R.I.P. Medic.

Best healing wildcard 2008-2015

16. Sokolov

I don't mind removing his DMG, but probably will have to add something else to him so he isn't 30 nora.

Immunize removal didn't have much to do with his DMG though.

17. Sokolov

Since people seem to like Immunize so much, I will add it back to him.

He will enjoy that +4 nora, I am sure. Thanks for the Medic nerf, @Sokolov.

Tweek516 and Iskandak like this.
  18. Sokolov

So I am thinking:

+ Immunize
    - 5 DMG
    - Cooperation
    + Empathy

super71 likes this.
  19. Anotherblackman

Where was this thinking b4 man.

Empathy is already pretty meh, but on a cheap unit like him... I think it would be good.

And yes, He will enjoy that 4 nora cause it distinguishes him from the games, if not just IS'es, healers.

It makes him a wildcard with a purpose.

Along the lines of catapult vs Attendant squire for mobility for paladins, Some people like to provide the Catapult X over Invigorate since when in the right situation it shines brighter.

Same with medic. You might be trying to heal one unit really good, however there are units in IS that mass heal and heal from deploy so him needing an edge on the "get the healing done" aspect via immunize is what set him apart.

It was also bugged since you could still inhibit and give them champions the diseased condition(it literally just prevented the damage done by disease all the effects of inhib still worked including the duration of turn which the ability clearly says:"can't be diseased/rabid").

And that bug, sir, has been here since the change done to the inhibited dot(which was how long ago I don't even...)

20. Sokolov

Confirmed.