Melee Jelly

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by GoldTiger, Nov 4, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Rune Name: Jellebrium ?
    Faction: Forglar Swamp
    Race: Jellebrium, Class: Wizard, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: Super wavy jelly that looks like it can dodge arrows and constrict Bane Shift. Some hectic gazing eyes too.
    Flavor-Text: Gaze... feint... pursue...
    Nora Cost: 68 (took the cost from minotaur culler then took 1 for the 2 less hp.)

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    10, SPD: 5, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 1, HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Attack:
    Psychic
    Other Ability: Amphibious
    Other Ability: Jellebrium mind
    Other Ability: Dodge 2

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Ability #1:
    Petriying Gaze (+6) (maybe OP with 100% alt damage BG, though worms have it. Maybe binding chains?)
    Ability #2: Constriction (default)
    Ability #3: Entangling Attack (+6)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Ability #1:
    Catalyst: Psychic (+2)
    Ability #2: Zeal (default)
    Ability #3: Declare Target (+4)

• What role is this Rune intended to fill?
    Melee Jelly CC Tank that isn't ridiculously expensive and kinda squishy (skycaller (75 nora 47 hp)/lightbringer (79 nora 45 hp)). Also you have to run 2x of each jelly usually and so every jelly deck looks the same. At least with this you can choose extispicer vs this etc. since you can't run 2x 5 different melee jellies.

• Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    Lots of similar runes although jellies don't have that much hard CC and enough melee units (imo) so there's that. Mindbender does have evasive although skycaller can get absorb so I don't see that much of an issue with a third 'range-hate' unit.

• How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    It's a melee jelly that isn't expensive and overly squishy. Also brings some CC and is a pretty cheap unit that can get buffed a lot by the other jellies.

• What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    Looks wise fits the flavour although not sure about lorewise. Teleporting to a backline unit for some CC once you get big zeal stacks could be fun too.

I hope ability set 1 with teleport isn't too oppressive on such a low cost unit with dodge. Then again Darkmarsh Enforcer exists so who knows. Generally you won't be able to attack and teleport on 0 ap so should be ok I guess.

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Looks bad; with petifying gaze looks a bit better, but generally having dodge doesn't make a guy a tank, but i guess jellebriums dont need to be tanky, due to their constant flowing playstyle.
    Petrifying gaze 5 speed support tho would look better. OR a heavy tank with 5 base dmg doing almost nothing but petrifying gaze. Champions nowadays become more specialized.

3. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Have you seen the other jellies. I assumed the devs didn't want to make them tanky by design. Not gonna make a super tank that isn't at all thematic.