Meta Bg

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

What are people running after the last patch? Will post mine once I'm off my iPhone.

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nids, Elec, Moga/G'hern, Voil, Slags (just for fun, not top tier).

3. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

mostly Voil but I'm getting a little bored of them. Meta SP isn't all that this patch either. Moga are good but deploy rock trap is bugged to alert your opponent when you activate it.

4. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

running Voil actually...the bug of deploy rock trap bothers me since 3 months (i stopped running Shally with that upgrade). I don't know if Voil are top tier bg but are kinda close...they just lack of a 2x unit (or an Hunter giant one) to fill every role possible, cleanse, detection, shatter (obviously) spot removal, swarm as antisummon, cleanse, hig dmg output, good ranged option, good tank, tons of hp and average good defense/evasive.

5. Raikan

Here's what I'm running: https://poxbase.com/deck/CdZCz=CtBcz_Cx1cuFC4PCwLck_CwHs5Qs1ks7Bs59S82r2Yr=r2ZrOe1Qe1fe1j

Probably need to find room for detect and additional magic damage (new courier looks tempting with detect, distract and drudgery). Also it feels like I might have too much fire damage, so I've been considering swapping out 2x fire damage for either voil bomber or sorceror (more aoe, either additional magic damage or a super long range champ).

6. limone1981

why the Cyclo Fesh?? for range electricity dmg I would suggest the slag with sunder and distract, I understand electricity overload if you run lighting storm,but inthat way is kinda wasted (also 3-4 range against 4-6 of the voltaic)

7. Raikan

I ran slag for quite a while and still like him. But I'm experimenting with Fesh. However, they do perform different roles. Slag supports more of an attrition play style with jolt 2. Fesh has more burst damage output with barrage, aura and 12 base damage vs 10. I recently added thunderhead totem back to my deck instead of vortex, and thought I'd try him. Overall, I think dissipate is a pretty awkward ability, but Feshes range on a 2x2 is pretty awkward as well. So I'm not super happy with either.

I've actually been thinking about trying headshrinker over slag or Fesh: brings detect, jolt 1 and no dissipate. His design seems pretty messed up to me-detect on ranged and both cackle and shrink on range-but I think that's pretty much ch the case with every single SP ranged unit: leap and lumbering on cannon; dissipate on slag; 3-4 range and absorb on Fesh; pull on a ranged angel, etc.

8. limone1981

yeah...it's Sp, if the ability patterns are't firked up it's not SP but another faction.

btw I like the headshrinker and I find his detection weird only on deploy( you deploy the detection champ and bam you're engaged with the suddenly not anymore stealthed champ) cackle and shrink are pretty useful in awful situation (engaged with a melee champ)

9. Raikan

My issue is that he has cackle AND shrink. Doesn't seem like he needs both since they sort of fulfill the same role- melee protection. With dogpile, that's 16 Nora that could be spent improving his damage or cost.

Fentum likes this.
  10. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

It's actually great having Cackle and Shrink on him. You Shrink one turn, then Cackle the next, and Shrink after that.

11. Raikan

Would you rather have cackle and shrink on him or have him deal more damage or be cheaper and have cackle/shrink on your melee bruiser. Just saying.