Meta SP (Work in Progress)

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Gnomes, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh I know but I run enough Shamans for staff to be worth it.

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

This is a 6-month old version of my meta SP deck that I've been playing on and off for the last year or so:
    [​IMG]
    Since then, I have substituted out trapper, shallaxy, and limit & substituted in peak tactics, rockcharger warbeast, and a cyclops chieftain.
    I made that substitution months ago and this deck has been stable since. The reason that I haven't been playing it much is because I prefer working on decks over playing with optimized ones.

For healing, I have found that mika + solstice is enough. Between chieftain & riftlord, I have enough scaling that the general phalanx strategy can carry me into lategame.

With all of the champs you've been looking at, the main question should be how it fits with the deck rather than just X is better than Y. I ran/am running cultist in my split SP/FW deck but she works there because it has a significant clutter/stall aspect to it so there are loads of good scapegoat targets. Even then though, scapegoat is really inconsistent. I believe that procs just once on any spell, so if your opponent tries to cast a self-only spell it will redirect via scapegoat, clear scapegoat, and not cast - allowing them to cast it again. Crone is a really great champ if your deck needs that lategame scaling, voltaic is really efficient, headshrinker & witchdoctor are both versatile. SP really isn't hurting for options so I just want to reiterate that it's a matter of fit and a champion could be perfect for a deck until you swap out a different champ and suddenly the context that made that first champ perfect isn't there anymore.

Vorian likes this.
  3. Vorian

You are right about synergy, SP has become like the old FW with a counter to everything and being dependant on having a counter to everything...

I tried Aspect of Chaos but it just is not good enough!

Meta Equips I have experimented with

Cyclops Eyebelt
    Earthshakers Bracelet
    Idol of the Elements
    Paper Wings
    Slavers Whip
    Sacred Peaks Amulet
    Spike
    Staff of the Solstice
    Tempest Crown
    Vicious Harpoon
    Wounded Kitten

Meta Relics

Headshrinkers Totem
    Thunderhead Totem
    Tribal Post
    Misleading Signage
    Mangled Totem
    Arroyo Portal

Unstable Tigers Eye (in Voils)
    Voil Caverns
    Zemi of the Elements (in Elementals)
    The Resistance (hyaenids)
    Voil Kings Crypt

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

In meta i mean really the best of the best. It should find use in basically every 5 games, and do well. a few things you have here that i can not see with this in mind are:

Idol of the Elements
    Earthshakers Bracelet
    Sacred Peaks Amulet
    Spike
    Wounded Kitten
    Misleading Signage
    Arroyo Portal
    Unstable Tigers Eye (in Voils)
    Voil Caverns
    Zemi of the Elements (in Elementals)
    The Resistance (hyaenids)
    Voil Kings Crypt

yes. the resistance would be in every single hyaenid bg. and once i make a guide for them they will definetly be on the list of essentails. but a full on meta bg? i dont think so

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

of course you can make bgs that are meta with a modual on the side that hopes to use its synergys to smooth things out and out value things. but im talking on full on meta.

Capture.PNG
    This is an example of a meta bg with electricity as a side modual to smooth things out. this bg is what i imagine @Ballballer meant when he said this is what he would play after voil.

Capture.PNG
    This is an example of a meta bg with hyaenid as a side modual to make use of resistance and double dots on ranged.... but uses all of the other meta mele and normal champs to smooth things out as well.

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

but a full on meta bg. has no themes in it. just the best of the best in their respective areas of experties...(tank,Support,DMg...ect)

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So @davre how did you like my bg vs your zombies? Obviously we both made some mistakes. But on a bg level. How did you feel playing vs my bg? Anything you felt was weak that I should add more of or strong that you think Merritt's special consideration?

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

@MogaBait how have you been liking davres meta sp? any tips correction or insight you can give?

9. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

This is my current iteration on the original:
    Capture.PNG

I swapped:
    Hyaenid Flamefist (Never had Rockcharger Warbeast)
    Metallic Slag --> Cyclops Rockshaper
    Cyclops Hurler --> Peaks Ifrit
    Rock Trap --> Totem

Not that any of those swaps indicate runes that share the same role, they just indicate where I made the changes over time.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

But rocktrap has such potential. Engage, put in optimal spot. Enemy runs his ranged away first. and boom 3 stunned. and then mangled totem for 18 plus dmg. also zealotry is a bit strange. other then that and the nora fesh, all seems pretty standard

Capture.PNG

differences:

Angle of chaos vs Kanen crone
    brave vs ifrit or slipped or general
    artificer vs witchdoctor
    slag vs fesh
    battlemage vs ifrit or skipped
    caustic vs ifrit or slipped

so from the get go we see you have 3 good bruisers vs my 1 while i have a bit more ranged late game and a tiny bit more tank. but in general very similar

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Does anyone run gorilla? I love his sprite

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

13. Vorian

Yeh hge works really well with loads of cheap champins which you can spam before giving the damage buff.

14. TheBulwark

Hey guys, I am playing every faction and testing tons of stuff. I have missed so many lim sales, so I went ahead and got Festival Mika. Other than that I am seeing so many different bgs posted and TBH SP seems to have the best champ pool in the game even though the themes aren't the best so its tough whittle down what meta champs to include. It seems like cyclops rockshaper, hyaenid ascendant and whirling quarry are the most op champs at the moment. I think 2 of each and mika is where I will try to start when I can afford to craft some more runes. It also seems like storm bunny is absolutely insane for contesting for his cost. I have 2 of him and 2xvoltaic slags already which I think I will be including. Aside from that, are there any nifty combos or synergies worth including? Blastmage any good? I'm thinking 17 champs is probably the way to go to maximize the bonus.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

The thing about SP is that you will have extreme versatility and flexibility. I dont think you should run 2x of anything, honestly, so you have better options at any given time. And then you want a variety of the roles stated at the beginning of this guide. Running 2x also dilutes the amount of roles you have.

However, 17-18 champs is a good amount for SP so you can capitalize on the faction bonus.

Blastmage is very good.

16. Voidtrain

Some notable synergies or combos that come to me off the top of my head is;

Ancient Slag + Elemental Vortex

Cyclops Battlefiend + Havocs Touch

Cyclops Blastmage + Cyclops Eye Belt

17. TheBulwark

I am a huge proponent of consistency so I am definitely about 2 ofs, however I see what you are saying in an SP meta bg. Are there no champs you think worthy of 2 spots, what about whirling quarry for double seism? Not even a case like that?

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If you have 2 whirling quarries, run seism in only one. Run the other with shroud and absorb.

Or for funky fun run an ELEMENTAL KNOCKBACK bg and run one with blessing of stone . Double Cyclops Eye Belt, double earthshakers bracelet, double Sonic Elemental.

Lots of fun and all in elemental theme.

Run the two bunnies, run two Peaks ifreet, run two peaks dew for range and Regen. Hours of knockback into physical immune champs.

Sonic teleports into place. Bunnies have mobility and range. Etc etc

19. Voidtrain

Double Seism isn't really needed, since SP is super efficient you should be able to push hard with the tempo swing of just one, and then be in change to kill any of relics with your champs. In SP you trade consistency for flexibility, and that tends to be more valuable in the long run for the faction. Because rarely is there the opportunity where you benefit for having two of the same champ on the board, and you want to be summoning almost every turn.

20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Agreed ref double Seism. I’m not a hardcore SP guy, as I play all factions. UD is my main though. With SP I really feel a good 2x vibe for elementals... no?