Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaNinja, Dec 9, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I dare say the game is the most balanced I've ever seen it, but this meta is the worst I've ever experienced. This meta sucks, is no fun at all.

SotM, summon spam with grant Auras, DMZ, and Stone Barrage. I really hope all of this is toned down, and/or we get widespread abilities that reduce passive/alternative damage such as we have for attacks like Evasive/Reflex/Block/Dodge/Nokando and a plethora of other abilities. Free meat, free damage decks are so BORING.

Hoping the next patch will take us AWAY from this direction.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Play worms, I guess? They're fun.

3. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Also tough (SL bonus too) and void shield spam is incredibly obnoxious. For example, as an FS player why does tortun fishkisser have tough 3. Not sure.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

where? i'm still yet to see any summon spam decks

5. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Any SP/X deck, Skellies tier 1 too.

6. GoldTiger

Arroyo riftwalker and Yobanchi are two runes I fear most against those factions

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Havent seen barely anyone playing skellies.

8. GoldTiger

Just because noones playing voils in ranked atm doesn't mean it's not strong

9. Tweek516

I know, and I'm not disputing that they are strong - its just that this thread is about the current meta (and not the strength of themes).

Not played =/= not strong
    Not played = not the meta

kalasle, Kampel and themacca like this.
  10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Splits are ****ed in general but al the SP ones with SotM are crazy, if they don't introduced the match filter ain't no new players gonna stick around if they are trying to get a grip with one faction and learn the rest and they get matched up against split cheese bs

11. Tweek516

Just get rid of faction bonuses for splits. Simplest and best solution.

bambino likes this.
  12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

been saying that 4 ever.in fact splitting fac bonus can even be better sometimes.....theres no draw back for splits, , not even a banner, yet bigger rune pool selection more combo options and such...
    take away split fac bonus asap.

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

One thing I dislike is going up against FS on a 1 font map. I feel like the game is over before it begins. I find ST to be hard to beat personally as well if the player is experienced. Void shield is so hard to beat too (both UD and FS). But I feel many themes can be played out pretty deeply, unless they simply do not have a wide variety of tools (underdeveloped) available to them. I am learning liches, and I'm really like their micro. They are probably outclassed, but still, rewarding to see serkan get high + damage, or for long range units to obliterate weak units before they can even get close. Locking down key positions is an interesting way to play, unfortunately some of the maps are a bit open for the playstyle to work.

14. GoldTiger

That's not my point though. It is one of the most played FW bgs from my experience, there's just a small enough playerbase that you can go days (playing often) without playing some of the most common BGs.

TeaNinja likes this.
  15. Tweek516

Ah, well you didn't makr that clear. And I still disagree, I haven't seen a single skellie BG in weeks.

16. DiCEM0nEY

I play skellies in 1200 elo, and I'm pretty successful.

But meta is going to meta. I have trouble dealing with cheap void shield units. Also, thing like dunes manticore outclass things like skel crawler.

Dealing with split fonts requires sacrificing deck power as well, since not many skel units are strong by themselves, which is why things like skel lerpers and boneslaves are needed.

17. GoldTiger

Boneslaves are more oppressive than void shield to me. You take an early font and it initiatives in to it for low mana cost and contests for a long long time

18. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

one with nora....
    /haaaeting iiit.

19. GoldTiger

It's a wider spread max charm
    Edit: abash

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    bambino likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

to me, void shield tanks do the exact same thing, except they can end up winning the game xD.

good thing about vsing a bone slave is they lack hp and daamge, and the summons themselves don't contest the fonts.