meta

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by xplint, May 27, 2017.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

hey what are the current fs meta bgs?

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Havent been playing as of recent but these were my BGs before the patch (the BGs are good enough that they wont be the thing holding you back).

Untitled.png
    This was pre boundless enthusiasm nerf so sixul was a good pick there. Not sure what to change in this BG but probably get rid of psion/shredder and get a firk voidmage and maybe add a bloated toad somewher. Pretty flexible BG due to the race theme so ya.

Untitled.png
    Pretty optimised even in the current state; maybe drop a voidmage. Would like to fit a second PHS sometime. Adding a non-psy tank could also be a good move too. Run infiltrators with shadowspawn and shadow shift.

Untitled.png
    Real outdated BG. Probably swap psion/shredder for voidmage again and try to fit 1-2 bloated toads. Can swap ancients for other ranged however they are my favourites, dusk shaman could be a good replacement.

Most of my spells/relics/equips are the same and for good reason. IMO they are the best choices. If I'm not running x spell in one deck but am running it in another, its for a reason. I.e no backfire boon in psy because a lot of the champs have 40 hp and aren't as tanky as the other two, or that there is a font of restoration in psy because on mutant you are getting a far better value heal since you keep the resistances hes accrued.

Ask any questions if you need. Will update the BGs when the ranks reset and I start to play and optimise for the meta.

These are the top 3 BGs in FS. Psy is definitely the strongest and is possibly top 5 viable. Collective only gets better each expansion, and meta will always be meta. 2 patches ago collective was stronger than normal meta so theres that.

Gnomes, Leadrz and xplint like this.
  3. xplint

thanks goldtiger, will try your bgs!!

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Not a long time FS player so I am sure I am missing stuff (besides runes) but the power of the FS adaptive bg drew me to take FS more seriously. The race division of adaptive champs in fs forces you into a meta style bg.
    upload_2017-5-30_3-43-6.png
    Portal mage has not been my favorite lately but not sure what else to use with out forging new stuff. I do not use a strong relic counter, and I would not mind having another form of detection in here. Murkworm has been a really awesome addition, cast hungry mire counts as water for a drown set ups, and cast hungry mire can restrict you opponents well enough with the current map rotation. I usually run 16-18 champs but I dropped Kartch for loot. (I wanted an equipment counter bad) I have used this bg in ranked play and it was one of my main bg's while pilfer armory was banned. The idea is to use champs that help take the focus off the adaptive champs, and drag the fight into deep waters, where my adaptive champs are the strongest.

5. xplint

what do you guys think about boghopper dredger? he is quite tanky and got nice abillities for his cost

6. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

This one has been working well for me!

upload_2017-6-6_14-58-2.png

GoldTiger likes this.
  7. GoldTiger

You should try out flood again instead of monsoon I forgot how good that rune was.

8. TheRavager

But i need to drown the angels too :(

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

the happened to the bg picture? I can not see it any more Ravager.

10. TheRavager

Yeah strange not sure... here's it again
    upload_2017-6-9_13-40-4.png

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

So what does this BG loose to, it looks pretty solid. I would imagine a bit of a stall game against ST could be problematic as well as FF SL meta/SL dragons

12. TheRavager

Correct, ST you just gotta suicide rush, if you get a good map its fairly easy.
    SL is probably the toughest though its basically a max hit of 6 for most of the game.

13. GoldTiger

I personally find SL more of a skill matchup. Sure a lot of their stuff is tanky but not a lot of their stuff does a whole lot of damage (depending on what their running of course). I find its more of a game of cat and mouse baiting so you can tip toe around the tanks at the frontline and attack the manticores, whorls and imperators at the backline. Also trying to get high value cleansing mists to get rid of those BS debuffs.

ST is sort of a matter of getting lucky. If you can get past that initial frigid barrier gale Kento BS as soon as you enter mid font you should be a semi-ok spot for skill to come in to play since PHS actually does something against this faction and they have a lot of fat drown targets. The problem is its super hard to actually survive the initial rush since its so strong and their lategame is insane too with gale.

Also cancel magic is BS.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Gnomes likes this.
  14. TheRavager

Yeah i usually drown the Kento

Gnomes likes this.