Midnight Screech Dragon

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Sunnydays, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Sunnydays

Sunnydays The King of Potatoes

Name: Midnight Screech Dragon

Faction: Shattered Peaks

Race: Voil, Dragon

Class: none

Size: 2x2

Rarity: Rare (uncommon if sonic roar instead of Draconic Screech)

Artwork: picture a dragon with bat-like wings and a bat shaped head

Found this art on a random digital art gallery ant is pretty close to what I was picturing
    http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/...beast_bat_night_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
    Flavor text: “Beware the high pitched screeches at night while traveling through the peaks, but if you ever hear the Dragon’s roar, it is already too late.” -Dwarven Mountaineer

Nora Cost: not sure how to calculate, but I would assume high 70s to low 80s

Champion stats:

Dmg: 12 Spd: 6 Rng: 1-2 Def: 1 Hp: 50

Chamion Abilities:

Atk: Sonic

Base: Sonic Flight, Draconic Screech [idea ability]=this champion deals 6 sonic damage to opposing champions within 4 spaces; each champion damaged by this ability gains vulnerability sonic for 3 turns AP:4 CD:3 (if not then sonic roar), resistance magical 3

Upgrade path 1: regeneration 1, reg 2, reg, 3

Upgrade path 2: Screech, Deafening aura(probably op on a 2x2 so maybe like amp sonic or Damage Shield Sonic 3 instead?), Howling Attack

Questions to answer:

What role does this unit have?: Currently there are no 2x2 voil units so this would fix that

How is this rune different? It would fit in as another sonic voil which fit in with the primary alt dmg in voil, and it is again the only 2x2 voil.

How is this rune competitive? Well it has a clear role as a beefy anti magic unit and a lesser role as a minor buffer of sonic which could help flesh out a minor sonic theme in voils.

What makes this rune unique and fun to use? Well it’s a firking Bat Dragon!

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

maybe adding in a new abiity would be nice....was thinking like:

change attack to sonic range 1-2(3)?

Dragonic Screech
    Opposing champions within 3(4?) spaces take 6 sonic damage and gain venerability sonic for 3 turns.

just throwing it our there lol....put with voil screecher and sky howler he makes it awesome

4. Sunnydays

yea that's a good idea gamen thanks for the input!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  5. Sunnydays

@gamengamenut changed some things around to focus more on the sonic aspect of him let me know what you think.

6. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

HAHA deafening aura on 2x2 lol

much nicer now i think KUDOS :)

sonic aura might be werid as like voil are naturally weak to sonic...maybe that upgrade path can be like howling attack? (the one that makes the guy frightened)

i know i would be scared if a firking BAT DRAGON howled at me lol

Sunnydays likes this.