Mimic doesn't love me that much

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Thonskie, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Hello Pox-Owlies

Just wanna share my experience during a test run I made for my new SL UD BG. I have a sunderpede contesting for a font against a hero champ. The champ mimicked my sunderpede, I sent Magma bunny as reinforcement, When I tried using mimic to it it exploded like WTF just happened?

Ok, then I think this means I cannot copy hero abilities? right?.....

But, what happens when I try hitting the hero? splits into two..... Does this remove the hero from the game area because it's a hero? or doesn't really matter because the hero is not mythical, multiple copies of it stays in the game area (sucks lol).

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you copied hero in a split bg, so your champion exploded because he was a hero on a split bg, it shouldn't happen in a FF bg.
    Hero's doesn't have mythical, so they shouldn't explode when split.

3. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Hmmm, ok if I'm correct I used mimic to Magma Bunny (I'm using Split BG) to copy Vindrax's abilities (includes the split ability he took from my sunderpede).
    So, The reason it exploded is that I tried copying the HERO ability of Vindrax?

What if it is a Split Hero? and I'm using a Split BG (same faction as that split Hero)

"So sad, I never wanted to be a hero, I just want to multiply" - Magma Bunny.. :D

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Any split hero shouldn't be a problem

Thonskie likes this.
  5. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Thanks A hundred fold :)

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I believe if you hit the Hero it should have died since there would be two copies of the same hero.

7. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

Have to try and test this since I'm not sure if Hero and Mythical is the same. Hero states you can only put 1 in the battlegroup compared to Mythical "When another copy of this unit is in play that you own, both it and this copy are destroyed", you can add 2 of this rune in the battlegroup.

Hero cannot be played in a Split BG thus Split Hero cannot be played in a FF BG.

So I think 'Hero' triggers it? and I am not using a FF BG.... Not sure :)

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  8. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

This is incorrect, the SL hero's at least do not have mythical, meaning they can split/replicate etc. without risk to themselves. Incidentally, you wouldn't have mimiced the sunderpede's abilities off of the Vindrax. You only ever mimic base abilities.

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well if it's any consolation many of us don't love mimic that much either.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

traitor

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Burn never leaves home without 2x Mimic and 2x AoV in his deck.

12. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

my favorite thing to do is mimic Mosharn in my IS/SL draksar leoss deck.