Mirefolk BG

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by attio26, Jul 25, 2014.

1. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Hey guys i've been running this mirefolk bg in the top 200 thought you might wanna see it. It's good, not as good as meta, but it's a lot more fun to play.

I put it together because i got hold of a ctharia and she is pretty awesome man.

Pirahnid warrior and feeding frenzy is scary together. I only put collosal overlords in because i was sick of collosal champions but he's actually really good in it to be fair.

We're realling missing champs that gen water on the cheap. I would use sludge wurms instead of overlord but they're not mirefolk which would annoy me.

I'll probably put in voodoo shamfies instead of the overlords when i get a pair because they have detection too which is needed

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  2. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Voodoo Shamfies aren't so bad, Elder Murkwurms also generate water, their Hungry Mire also is water. You can go hard on them - with Jolt 1, Dive 1 they go below 80. Shamfies and Overlords are costly in terms of nora. I am amazed at low amount of water generation you have. On the other hand you run only 2 full Aquatics.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

indeed, ctharia looks awesome, that hero tag and the -10 nora it carries it's a pretty big deal.
    I recommend removing the overlords, glowing sliders and pirahnid warriors.
    I would add more water gen, gargantuan, shamfie, the thing and sludge wurm seem like the best options, paladin is good too, but is super random.
    I would also consider pirahnid over other combat champions.
    The real power of aquatic battlegroups is slipwater, you should be running it.

Another interesting thing about aquatics/semi aquatics is that they are tied to poison in some way, so yo can make a more than decent hybrid bg of these two themes with some work. Basically, you have revolting fentek for choking aura, sludge wurms for amp and water, tidemaster's bandoleers for more amp and circadian arcanists being able to attack with poison at long range with very good damage values.

brian little likes this.
  4. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

If you want to go deeper into aquatics, there are lots of fish, that are capable of devastation. Razorfin Slider is your only viable Sunder with lots of damage.

5. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

my aquatic bg is pretty much all your suggestions for change but this is all mirefolk so that's why i have some differences, i would try the thing instead of overlord but theres so much bloody collosal around

and im not taking out pirahnid warrior aha sorry he's actually a bit of a beast, and he's the best thing ever for FF