Misdirection Update

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The current version of Misdirection is buggy, and has been buggy, for a long time. The spell cancels on-deploy effects like Pet Lerper, Divine Favor, and Declare Hunted. The spell is also really expensive for what it does. I was trying to think of something good that could replace the effect and think I came up with something decent. The spell's coding would be similar to ST's Arctic Gift.

Misdirection- The next 4 friendly champions deployed or summoned enter play with an identical Illusion on an adjacent space and gain Confuse Attacker and Mobility.

2. Xirone

Are there better low-cost, low-power abilities that would fit the illusionary/tricky nature of the spell? Confuse Attacker, Mobility, and a single Illusion, per champ, seems legit to me. It could be me but this spell seems useful but still less useful than Arctic Gift.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Don't make it use illusions.
    Illusions don't work like normal illusions because you can easily tell them apart.
    The only use for them atm is to bullshit your opponent by stealing a sidefont with a relic or by getting in their way.
    Make it do something useful.
    It's not like that's unheard of, strategic retreat got changed up quite a bit.

My suggestion - something like target champ gains bounce and divert.

4. Xirone

True, it can be changed away from Illusions. In a perfect world, the artwork would make sense with the spell's effect though. The artwork of Misdirection is four very similar looking Wild Elves ready for battle.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Elves Rule

Yeh but there's so many problems with illusions.

Etherielin, MaruXV and Xirone like this.
  6. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

How about reducing its cost to 20 to 25 Nora and it granting Deception to the next champion deployed. If the champion already has Deception it instead gains Confuse Attacker.

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Could you make it interfere with the enemy deploy? like the next champ deployed is actually deployed 5 spaces away in a valid location instead.. and an illusion copy where it was meant to be? could be annoying early for font captures or something?

8. Elves Rule

While it sounds cool this would probably just end up being play this turn 1 and get to deploy in mid font.

9. Xirone

I wonder what amazing idea @Sokolov could come up with!