Mistakes that have lost you games

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Omnissions, Nov 18, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

#32 Believing my abilities would WAI

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You should rephrase this too. #32 Not being aware of current bugs. All games will always have bugs. Be aware of the ones that hurt when you can.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This game has an obscene amount of bugs. Too many to be remembered!

Skeezick likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Only a small number though are game breaking important. None of which I can think off the top of my head. Which will probably screw me over very soon. ;)

5. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

Trying to finish a won game to quickly.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I see #30 all the time in the lower levels. Retreating and regrouping is a tactic as well.

7. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

#34 not being aware that your opponent hasn't used any spells and deployed any champs for a couple of turns. Good sign of a power turn coming your way :/

Anima26 and Zlyne like this.
  8. Neri

Neri The King of Potatoes

# 35. Don't go afk in que......... If the phone rings while you are in que - un que. If nature calls while in que - un que.....

9. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

#36· Searching stealth oponents champions, not going step by step. I usually click a long move just to see how the stealthed champion is reveled and my champ pass away and cant stop and attack him =p

#37· Letting fonts unprotected, focusing in one font battle, when a huge SPD champion run to it and steal the control freely (Nectar Fairy the conqueror XD)

#38· IS impervious, stuns, reflect range... Have one dispell at hand if u can. Same with perseverance champions.

10. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

#39. Check the AP of a champion before it stealthes before you start blindly running around trying to find it

#40. Forgetting about SL or IS faction bonus and miscalculating your one turn by ONE DAMAGE (If I had a penny for every time that a key enemy champ had 1 HP...).

#41. In general, never leave anything with 1 HP

Anima26 likes this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Not something that has lost me a game, more of a general tip.

Never leave anything alive. If you attack it; intend to kill it. Champions at low hp hit just as hard as one at full hp.

42: Making assumptions about the overall theme (Runes) of my opponents bg. Everyone has one, or two of those unorthodox runes that don't see much play.

In the words of Denis Waitley - "Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised."

12. Authyrtyr

Unless it's Aspect of Growth or Grintmaw Bouncer

13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Queing

XFurionsX and SPiEkY like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

OR Tormented, the point still stands though. If you attack it, intend to kill it.

15. Authyrtyr

43. There's ALWAYS an exception to any general rule of thumb. Don't fall into the trap of never thinking outside the box.

16. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

44: Not measuring well where my champions can be and making them lose AoE bonuses.
    45: Not playing that one combo when I had the chance because I didn't thought my opponent was around the corner.
    46: Playing one rune instead of another in the moment it was imperative I played that rune.

17. Authyrtyr

Hindsight is 20/20. Make sure you learn from your mistakes. The only true failure is the one oft repeated.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

19. Anaarkoon

Anaarkoon Member

Being time pressured, happened often that I can't make my mind on a move and when the time is ticking out i do a last minute mistake and screw up.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Playing shitty bgs