Mix and match the cyclops bgs...

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Gnomes, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG
    Mix and matched all of my cyclops bgs to make this, have not played it yet, but looks really fun.

we have some constructs in there with 1 tinkerer.

have the battlefiend superchamps and to get them rolling quick we have tinkerer with inspire/battledrum/Warbanner/battlemaster/guarded cyclops/havocs touch/

we have some of my 5 speeders in there with the hurlers and seers out of my attrition deck, and the seers can keep the battlefiends alive

and then we have some normal just good meta cyclops with warwizard and chieften and klub.

just no siblings in the bg...but thats really not a possibility.

2. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

And you got the possibility for 2 Cycarus :) Looks nice

Do answer how it plays later?
    How do you find 2x2 units work theese days?

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

The BG is a bit map dependant. It does well on maps that does not fight on two fonts. Getting the battlefields running is quite easy, just need to deploy him with a chieftain around, and the play a battle drummer and you get 4 dmg from drummer and 2 from chieftain and boom, you have a 9 speed 18 DMG multi hit with blood rage champ for 76 Nora.... The cannons have great range and DMG. But in general have not lost a game yet

4. Hey, you prefer the 1x spell/equip situational style of play.

In what situations (vs what deck) are you getting value from Slave's Whip. Is Cyclops Eyebelt used mainly for Strike?

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

slavers whip can be great to run enemy champs off cliffs or into lava, and then afterward drive is still a very strong ability as well. also it helps get the battlefiends over that 5 dmg threshold. and cyclops eye belt can be used either for strike, or for the spot 10 dmg if they are against a wall of some sort.

6. Wait, I just tested Slave Whip in a bot game. When did they allow possessed champions diving off cliffs again? I remembered CorpsE removed that unfun mechanic years ago.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

been like this as long as i can remember, but sok is looking to remove that as a mechanic

8. Hmm, maybe I remembered wrong. CorpsE probably just made the wearer paralyzed so he can't possess and drive on the same turn.

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Can no longer knock off cliffs but can still walk off cliffs when possessed.

Possessing champ is paralysed but loses that when possessed champ dies.

Can drive THEN possess .

10. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

ya u can definitely still walk camps off cliffz not a joke

it makes the game still playable

11. Hey Gnomes. Have you got more games in with this deck?

I've been thinking about this deck. I've come to the conclusion. There is no reason to run full cyclops :S
    - Battledrum works with non cyclops
    - Cyclops chieftain no longer has commander
    - Klub no longer has boost

The only reason to run full cyclops? If you stat Warwizard with logistic speed. This guy is decent. Not strong enough to warrant building a deck around.

This begs the question. Which cyclops are the shittiest in the deck? And which meta champs to replace them with?

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

You are completely correct. Their is no reason to stay full cyclops other then the reason to stay in theme for ascetic reasons and to keep the immersion if the game. This deck has a few Synergy's though. Such as warsmith and cannon(for the passive)or battlefield(for inspire) Or the 5 speeders and battle drum.