Modern Cheap Meat

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 25, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

So you've been... playing with your meat?

Flesh. Beautiful word.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is much farther from a functional guide than I would like, particularly because of how some of the information has changed. Among other projects, this is going to be rewritten, including the philosophy and history portions.

Edit: This revamp is working from the ground up for some of this. On a positive note about Meat's competitive potential: the following hodgepodge of garbage beat out Agirgis's UD BG on 5 font IS Mountains.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cac4TcucgMc...7cZcpQc67ckycuJc39cu+c4Wckbc9hc68s4Ns72rTr1r8

That's 25 champions, 2 spells, 3 relics, and 0 synergy. This is by no means a final list, and a single game is hardly a good indication of a BG's power, but it should be at least a small indication of its potential.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

AHAHAHAHAHA! THAT is why I like FW! You can make whatever you want, and if you're good enough, you can STILL win. Ah, beautiful.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Well, there may have been some macro skill involved, but at a micro level, I think Agirgis had more going on. But yeah, hilarious game, full 50 minutes of back-to-back deploys. I was overjoyed. That's the FW I know and love.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Glad to see Deathcaster getting some love.

6. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Been following this intensely. Any love for polluted martyrs?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A lot. Martyr is an incredible champ, and fills a gap that historical Meat has, namely, high damage output. The advent of Executioner, Abom, and Ethereal Soldier make this less imperative, but Martyr is at least a 1x. I would probably run 2 if I had a second.

8. negatorxx

so how's this been working out? i shelved what i thought was 'cheap meat' in favor of my minotaurs, skeezik, and kanen. trying a new zombie centric deck now

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've had Meat on hold for a while since I've been messing with fancy UD/FW lists that get to use Chopping Blocks and still be good, but this will always be a project. I'm going to archive much of what's here and scrap it for a post-Ronin list. Plenty has changed - since I came back, since I wrote this post, and since Ronin - and I want this to be accurate and helpful. That's going to take a lot of work. I can't give a solid date when this will be back in up-to-date action, but it will be several weeks, I'd say.

For now, as a short addendum: Meat is going to rely on Creeper and Harvester still, but more as flavor to getting UTOH up, and then just grinding out the advantage with smart, nora-conscious deploys. Creeper is probably 1x, along with Bird, and Martyr, Caster, Soldier, and Deathguard/Berzerker are 2x. Everything else is up in the air.

10. negatorxx

11. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

12. negatorxx

yeah that was it. I have issues with the death harvester because it just doesnt do anything, and the lerper has a couple tricks. Ive since removed that and the dusk creeper though.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Creeper is still probably a necessary 1x, I think. Getting globes guaranteed is just too big over the course of a long game. I still think Bird is best detection source.

14. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

+ improve range is a pretty great ability too. I still include one in DB bg's anyway.. Although my deck really feels alot weaker now

15. negatorxx

yeah it does feel nice when the field gets bogged down with slow zombies. whats DB?

16. mj295

mj295 New Member

DB is Death Benefit. Having your creatures die but you get something out of it (Like Vendetta giving you +1 Damage per friendly death, or Death Harvester refunding you nora for deaths)

17. negatorxx

on that note, is bile zombie still good? can it explode for both disease dmg and its normal explosion

18. negatorxx

and corrupted guardian while we're at it. no magic zone, ZA, 78 nora? seems interesting

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think Guardian is a strong champ in general. Specifically for meat, I'm not sure. He doesn't fit the orthodox idea of a meat champ, but I'm not sure how "meat champ" will change after the nerfs from Ronin. Bile Zombie is ok, but after testing I think he's too inconsistent and expensive to be viable; the general cost increase to cheap champs from the revamp hurt him.

20. negatorxx

http://poxbase.com/deck/caC4Tc6cg_C6qCpQCfLc67cwocuJC9hs3gs4Ns7As2=s5fsns4fs1LR2Xr2NrTr29rZ

So basically reversed my losing streak after going all in on zombies. No more FW staples. I tried for the longest using the 'old' cheap meat, after reading every thread i could find about it, trying different champ combos, leveling almost all of them. No dice. I'm still a noob, but cheap zombies synergize has so much synergy going on that I can't help but feel they *are* the new cheap meat.

Experimenting with:
    Corrupted Guardian- really like the DMZ for protecting my horde, but feels like an extravagance. run him at 79 nora with ZA
    Bile zombie- put him in, got to level 2, havent needed to deploy him so far. probably coming back out
    Throw bones- nice for making use of wandering zombies
    Goresplosion- nice with catapulted zombies, but not sold this is better than anathema

Other things:
    Lost queen at 70nora is pretty nifty, buffing defense and acting like a pseudo doom
    Mute stalker- im bad with stealth champs, keep wanting to make him work with ZA but so far has just acted like a gimped archer that can also melee.
    Execution order- awesome
    Elsarin night- nice to have that protection, and to set up a power turn

Would like to try:
    Zombie behemoth - tried him before, just clogged up my lines. one more time with leveled fleshweavers
    Second Lost Queen - gonna try 60 nora and see about making the most of Last Word
    Other zombies.

Everything else: wouldnt change. First time i used wandering and fleshblight zombies i was not impressed and felt like they were a complete detriment. Now leveled fully, they are cheap and tough to kill bodies that quickly spread disease. I think lowering the average casting cost in teh BG, as well as getting the champs to a level where they had utility was what broke it. At some point in every game, Mason's spire+ early Corpse Piles are what push me ahead.

Now, to get a coragh.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015