Modern Cheap Meat

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I hope you are using 2x dusk creepers,so you can combo in a reaper blade and essence drain for killing anything.With forage and fading light the creeper is a beast with blade,as long as you got some meat so he doesnt get torn apart.
    Doom if you just want to ignore something for 3 round and wait for it to die.
    Mobi for powerturns,soulreave for alt damage.
    Steal life for staying power,soulbane for finishing things off.
    Decay/festering wounds if you have an issue with your opponent ignoring you and healing,or if you hate angels(they are healed first then cleansed).
    Haunt is alright against relics and for some meat.
    Reanimate if you run something expensive,like dead fairy.
    Some people like to run x2 desecration for relics/destealth/aoe.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

3. Netherzen

That would be a good bg few years ago.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Ok thanks a lot, most of this stuff falls in line with what I initially thought.

One last thing : Repurpose/Goresplosion, is there some merit here? I've been messing around with 1x each to some vastly varying success. Being able to Goresplode your Martyr is kinda dumb.

For reference here's what I was working with (statue was to mess around, it's a well now. Hauting Spirit will be dropped as well, it's way past it's prime)

[​IMG]

The one ofs are mainly budget issues

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Using those methods to convert between champs is unfortunately too inefficient. You're burning a lot of nora just to move stats around.

@Jib I think Xulos could go for a Deathcaster. Xulos is a nice guy, but damn if he isn't expensive. How has Steal Life been working out?

Netherzen likes this.
  6. Netherzen

I agree with this,Deathcaster is an underrated beast.I even use him in my worm bg.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I suppose for multiplayer that would be true. In the second Daily today, I had Xulos dealing 60+ damage between Repurpose, Statue, and Vendetta.

8. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

5 range essence drain on a stick is really hot.

Netherzen likes this.
  9. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

bump

15Deadmen likes this.
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

RIP this beautiful archetype.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Man, someone liked a post in this thread and it made me sad.
    We have Essence Devourer, at least, but it just isn't the same.

12. Woffleet

upload_2017-1-28_10-42-39.png

I have had moderate sucess with this BG. The basic idea is to expand SDZ with the creepers then spam necrowave biozombies and polluted matyrs with propogate carronling and soulshift 2. Runic seal is broken ad last indefinately so you can just build a meat sheid in preparation for the shrine rush that is going to happen. People usually get overwhelmed by the cheapmeat spam in the beginning so they trade inefficently giving you the nora advangtage to set up your chronomancer and spell seals

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I posted one variation of a cheap meat on my can't stop winning thread. Until battle leader is nerfed, I don't see cheap meat being effective. At least not low hp variants.

Zombies are probably the most effective FF FW bg for that reason.

14. Woffleet

yeah thats the prblem with this bg. Swarm units, battle leader etc completely rek it because I can't use matyrs which is the most effective unit in the deck.

15. Woffleet

Just beat Mr.Kurzet. and nepyoin is dead with this. Definately has potential. replaced mindthief with necrohex to grow SDZ faster. Surpriising how necroweave works so well in this bg. But seriously necroweave needs to be buffed. Like 40 nora for 6 turns of 0 cooldown if something dies. That's just horrible. Like its effective but that effect is just bad.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  16. Woffleet

arroyo eye is hilarious good. you can just swarm them

17. Woffleet

just beat xanzolu twice with this :)

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Great. Make a split forum post about it.

19. Woffleet

Look I posted here because a lot of theory behind this deck came from this cheap meat thread and I thought it was a modern take on what is considered a dead archetype. I think it has potential and wanted the response from you and others in this thread on the deck because even though its split faction at its core it's still a cheap meat BG. But if I need to make an full faction FW BG to get a constructive response in this thread than fine. The point of my post though is that cheap meat can still work effectively. Champions with short lived gain a lot of value when deployed closer to the opponent and bile bombs are extremely good especially with necroweave. Essentially my idea is that new cheap meat relies on using putrid creeper and other worms to expand SDZ till you can just spam super efficient short lived champions in their face. Eventually thanks to bile bombs you are able to kill pretty much anything the opponent has in store.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm totally fine talking about off-variants of Meat like the thing that you are running, but if they are split faction, they should really be in the split forums. As a mod, I'm not going to make exceptions just because I started the thread.