Moga Den

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Woffleet, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

How would you guys like this rune to be playable?

In keeping the rune in its current function i think a moga pup should be spawned every turn for 5 nora

2. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

One of the issues with Moga Den is that it's aim is to provide Moga decks with some late game power. But that role is already better filled by Totem of Muses (for the most part).

A more modern fix to the rune would be to make it operate similarly to Graveyard (FW relic), except with nora instead of shrine hp. But even then the rune probably isn't going to see much play.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Xinde is correct, Moga Den is severely outdated, and changing it to work more like Graveyard wouldn't help IMO. With Graveyard, Greenhouse, and other champion-creating relics, the spawns are actually useful and able to fight, defend, take fonts, etc. Moga Pups have 2 speed, 4 damage, and no abilities, so you can't actually use them for anything except feeding Surge. I guess this is fine if you're heavily into late-game Moga attrition, but Moga Pup is just such a terrible unit that there's no point in spending nora on them when Totem gives them to you for free. Instead of summoning Pups, a better idea would be to give it the ability to create Moga Axemen, Moga Shieldmen, and Moga Crossbowmen. So the relic would now look something like this:

Moga Den: "When this relic is deployed, and at the beginning of every 3rd of your turns afterwards, a Moga Axeman, Moga Shieldman, or Moga Crossbowman is spawned randomly to an adjacent space for 10 nora."

Note that the relic now gives you real champions, and also note that there is no predictable order in which you obtain the three types of unit. This is to prevent a player from combining the three champs into a Moga Assault Team at regular intervals, which would likely get out of hand rather quickly. If they spawn randomly, there is still a chance you could get a Moga Assault Team, but it's less likely to occur. This change would probably require a cost increase, but not by much IMO.

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Moga War totem( Gabriel Q and I already made this)

GabrielQ likes this.
  5. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

I remember posting an idea similar to the war totem, on the other boards, some time ago. I also think that G'hern Birth Mother should have an ability similar to Spawnpool Guardian's swamp teachings so she could at least upgrade the pups to a basic moga like scout, axeman, shieldman, or crossbowman.

6. Xinde

I remember this proposal, this was proposed back when Moga Den cost 50 nora. Although right now if this change went though I can't help but think that it wouldn't be overpowered in today's meta.

Also, I'm pretty sure Den still gives real Pups (reasoning is that it costs you directly to spawn the champion).

7. Xinde

Speaking of Scout....

ROVER: CONQUEROR?! WHO?! WHY?! WHERE?!

Seriously, whose idea of a joke is that?

edit: grammar fix

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    0ryuk0 likes this.
  8. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

SP, especially moga, get crapped on a lot. I still like them but they shouldn't have nerfed them just because Dany90 was so good with them.

Look what they did to G'hern Thrower! I recently came back from an extended hiatus of this game only to find out that they added a cooldown to his throw ability. I mean, wth is that!

9. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Tbf the last few balance patches SP got were one joke after another. Moga got ridiculously over buffed, addy got nerfed, queen never got her buff....and then i quit paying attention cuz i'd given up on SoE ^^

10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Rover: Conqueror is awesome and you know it =P.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I had the idea of rover conqueror first! at least on the forums, and I can't prove it anymore, sadly.

12. Xinde

Report GabrielQ.

Reason: He claims to be the reason why my Moga Scouts take 10% more damage from Renovators.

13. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

Make pups 5 nora and the adjacent spaces of moga cave a deployment zone for moga only.
    I also like jazz's/woffleet idea.

and also give Moga Conduit silent contemplation

Xinde likes this.
  14. Xinde

This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. It might have to suffer a cost increase, but cool nonetheless.