Moga Shall Rise Again... I think

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Ginx, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Ginx

Ginx Member

So let me first start off saying that is has been months if not years since I've been over at the Peaks. Either running sp runes or positing in the forms. Recently I have been running FW/IS and I have been having a lot of success with it. In ranked I played only a couple of people using Moga and I wanted to know, as a theme how are they holding up. When looking quickly at the posts here I keep seeing things about beasts and voils, but hardly any moga. What is the current stance on these guys? I was feeling a bit nostalgic for when I was able to run Moga in high ranks, and moga runes are always very cheap so I revitalized my old moga bg.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c4Ic2mcgqc4Fc2ncoKC4PC3vct@CpYc94C2Oc2TC5Ws5Qs6ks1Qs2Bs3ts5wr2Yr16rOe2He21

That aside is there a reason why I don't see more people running moga? They were quite fun and seem to still be fun.

2. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well seeing as @DMrBadguy has forced me into raising my Moga Armies i have come up with Below, and once im back from my final week in Glasgow i will test it out.

Any though from yourself Ginx or anyone else on the SP Forums?

Dirge
    G'hern General
    G'hern Sustainer
    G'hern Taskmaster
    G'hern Tyrant
    G'hern Overseer
    2 x Moga Aviator
    2 x Moga Cannon
    2 x Moga Chef
    2 x Moga Hooligan
    2 x Moga Slinger
    2 x Moga Spark
    2 x Moga Team 6

Avalance
    Vertical push
    2 xWhispers of the mind

Cleansing Emerald
    Rock Trap
    Banner

Diamond Mace
    Moga Rumble Pack
    Vicious Harpoon

3. Ginx

Ginx Member

I wish I could help you more, but since my current moga BG has been made and tested in a vacuum (single player only) I can't say that my advice is any good. I would say that moga aviator is a boss in increasing the range of moga by +1. And then pared with klub the cyclops + his equip they can get +1 or +2 to max range. which does not sound like a lot, but can be massive. Moga also seem to benefit a lot from battle master from Dirge and G'hern General. Which again does not seem like a lot, but when you have a lot of moga on the board it can snowball to a lot of damage. Again this has only been tested in single player and daily single player games since the SP community apparently has very little to say about Moga now a days. Sorry I wish I could help you out more man :/ Also, from testing things out Reckless moga is still fun. It adds a bit of randomness to your bg with reckless transport, being able to move up to 10 spaces with one 4ap cost ability or 6. Moga also seem to be geared up to compounding passive effects like IS in previously mentioned battlemaster, +range or dmg and so forth units. I own every moga and g'hern, but I have not tested them in ranked yet so my information is very limited

4. Xuvali

You are absolutely correct, +Range and +dam on Moga is exceptionally good. Especially with the revamped Damage/Def etc

5. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

When is Soothesayer going to be reworked? I used to freaking LOVE that guy, and I don't think he was wrecking faces so hard that he needed to be trounced in the revamp. I'd love to see him get Sunder back, in place of Multiattack 1 upgrade. Oh, well...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    PurpleTop likes this.
  6. Ginx

Ginx Member

I used him slightly before he was super nerfed since I randomly got him out of a pack. He was most totally a face wrecker. Surge moga, multi attack, sunder, life siphon (or was that because I gave him a crown... I don't remember). All on a ranged unit... it was awesome, but I am so glad I never ran into that in ranked lol. Is he even runnable now? Not even having surge or anything that makes his 7 dmg for over 80 nora seems like crap to me.

7. allyorbase

He has Multiattack, but who cares? His role, previous to the revamp, was to soften enemies with Sunder from afar. His damage was never the reason you'd run him outside of Moga. Now, he is only sort've runnable in Moga, but not really. If he had Sunder/Surge: Moga instead of the Multiattack line, and if he lost the huge Blood for Nora sandbag, and had Loyalty/Overseer for his other line, then he'd be back to upper-tier overnight.

To be clear: I would like it if he weren't strictly for Moga play. He wasn't before the revamp, and there's no reason for him to be, post.

8. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Moga Aviator should get bulwark: voil replaced with bulwark: Moga :rolleyes:

9. Ginx

Ginx Member

Well he is a g'hern which means that his main role should be with moga... I mean I own all of the ghern and outside of perhaps general with designate flag bearer I see no reason why you would bother mixing them with other BG's that don't focus on moga. I mean g'hern and moga go together. Period (minus Dirge which can be used in other SP BGs, but that's because he is a moga boss). Besides that point I can agree with the changes, but I don't like having to choose between surge moga and sunder one bit... And @Kharon I totally agree, but then he might be slightly too awesome for Pox

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please no

11. Xuvali

Get out.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

no u

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

They mutilated the Recruiter. After revamp he was one of my fav champs, but got cut :(.

sooth could stand to lose Blood for nora for something else if it will make him cheaper... or flat out lose it alltogether for a straight nora drop. It's useless on him without lifedrinker. I really miss sunder on him but i guess multi 3 + 6 range + alt damage with sunder was too much

14. allyorbase

His flavor text reads, "The G'hern have started to dabble in the dark arts. Soon they may very well be able to overthrow their oppressors." - General Korsien

This G'hern is a rebel. He doesn't want to follow the Voil, and because of their station beneath the Voil, G'hern are just as much slaves to the Moga as vice-versa. If any G'hern deserves to be splashable outside of Moga, it should be this fella.

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

at 65 nora, G'hern thrower goes in almost all of my decks.

Just saying :)

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Moga are trash now

17. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

19. Ginx

Ginx Member

Well it depends when in 2009. I was able to reach rank 43 with them... That is until I started getting put up against Tiny and other people handing my butt to me with ease...

20. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

Moga were trash prior to revamp. Prior to that I still used to see Dany90 wreck face with them.

I do like some of the changes they have done with some of the g'hern, like taskmaster, sustainer, overseer, and tyrant. All of the g'hern have gone through changes, but these are the ones I like the most so far.

I am also liking the changes to moga scout, I have alway been a fan of this guy but still life and mark are really good. Moga assault team is also a beast with deflect and arrow shot.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014