Monks

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Gnomes, May 18, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So, ive never ever played ST....

they seemd to me like the most boring least flavourful opass Bane Shift to play so i never did. but after watching nevergunnagiveup's games its come to my attention that they can be kinda cool. so i want to either make a nokado BG or a bg going with the disciplin abillities, i like going full theme and should have enough scrap to make any bg i think... so please give me some examples and tell me whats cool :D

other then the standart frost and elementals...

https://poxbase.com/deck/CjzC9ICxPCqBC9Ock=CjlCjxCkk

thats the idea of what im looking at for now.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Chipped boulder, khong monk. the second one makes pressure because the proc on his nkd also deal damage. it can be dangerous vs opponents with righteous deflection so dont deploy him if you can vs is. same with grandmaster.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.JPG what i got
    ill say more once ive got more games in

its half disciplin bg

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

This can be a extremly fun bg with the sounthernwave/northernwind combo and having all your own champs in a line. It can also gust in general be very hard for enemies to deal with unless they have distraction.

It is sadly hard to get the second proc of disciplin to go off because you need the enemy to be frozen for it to work. But i have gotten my champs all to 5+ dmg before from it

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

a bit refined version Capture.JPG

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

People tend to think ST is easy mode because the runes are pretty straightforward, but that also means it's very easy to get stuck on the lamest enemy mechanics out there; that's where skill comes in. That's especially true when you're fighting against a superchamp BG.

By the way @Gnomes , what about ferren master? He's able to play in both Ferren and monk BGs very solidly, although I'm guessing you don't want defender to be wasted.

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

He does look very solid exspecialy because hr has freezing aura. I might try him out later. Jakie maden is the true mvp atm. Has cleansing aura, defender,dispell,heal mass 3 for 56 nora. Makes everthing much easier to deal with becuase i can only ever be distracted / stunned ext for one turn maximum. I am thinking of add ing furry hat for k'ayun so i also get prestieg so my champs cant get distracted.

8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I want the bg to be based off of disciplin second proc. Then all monks get extra dmg. But i meed faster ways to get champs frozen. What do i dobu guys think

9. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Defebder already wasted on kong monk a bit. But he is just to damn cool

10. Lushiris

Cleansing aura is pretty underrated in my opinion, I just don't run it on Wingmaster Cleric because she'd be 80 nora and she'd become an even more desirable target... But I'm still thinking about it. On Yeti Druid it's just gold as the guy isn't super easy to being down, and people really don't expect Yetis with it. On Maiden you just have greatmobility since you don't use AP for many things, and people normally don't focus her. I just don't run Maiden instead of Cleric because of Commander(flying Jakei BG, pretty good except for everything being physical damage, and I already have Defender).

Also, why not Orb of Frostfall instead of generator? It's not as amazing in the long term but it's decent for detection/contesting. Or Arctic gift if you specifically want the Ice, and the buff helps quite a bit.

Just offering options, Generator is damn good if it doesn't get destroyed early. I do feel that including it in my Frost Amp Shaman BG would be cool, mostly because they have a decent amount of Freeze and Majestic, and -1 SPD would add quite nastily, not to mention that I can protect it from Seism with Ice Caster's Ice blocks.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cleansing Aura is unbelievable. Run it on everything.

Alakhami likes this.
  12. Lushiris

It's only a real problem if you let the champion with it actually live long enough to hard counter your debuffs, which is why I hate Valdac so much, not as easy to bring him down as it is killing a Cleric and Cleansing in SL is incredibly valuable because you mostly rely on debuffs to counter Wrath, except for SP(lol).

13. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Call me a simpelton but what stood out directly to me is:
    1. no shatter
    2. no detection

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Have frostbite for detection. Shatter has not botherd me so far. But true i need some.

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Usually im with the stuff they have to deal with (nokando) not the other way around.

16. nepyonisdead

To be honest now that I made the bg both problems can be fixed with a yeti scout :) cheap and nice utility champ

Gnomes likes this.
  17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Yep but i like frost bite more because the de stealth is instant well one turn later and it gives frozen which works great with discipline to give extra dmg. And shatter i can usually counter by killing the unit ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    nepyonisdead likes this.
  18. nepyonisdead

Good approach :p

19. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

What about Bllodthirsty blade?
    Helm of chaos on DV?

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Bloodthirsty blade is one of the harder equips to counter, but if i put a unit with nokando in front of said unit, then i can just stall with the nokando long enough usually, also the snowfall gives em lumbering so ican just run away if i need it too. and i have not yet come against Helm of Chaos, but like i said a form of shatter/unequp would be nice, but if its not instant its kinda useless....maybe a spell or something