Most the KF Players Quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I can send you the decklist I use for skirmishes if you want, but I should warn you that it makes Single Player incredibly boring. Basically the strategy is use Obelisks of Foresight to reveal runes until you reveal Solitary Garu, deploy it, Timeslip it and Butterfly Wings (if needed) to the enemy shrine, buff your damage with Rage Band / Touch of Havoc / whatever, Quicken and one-round the shrine (triple-attacking for 25 damage each hit).

2. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Is this is a KF deck? I would be interested. I don't see Obelisk of Foresight in the rune forge. I do see the Solitary Garu and can get it as well as Time Slip. I have Butterfly Wings available. I don't see Rage Band or Touch of Havoc. Are those that I don't see in a later expansion I don't have? I do have Clairvoyance that will expose a couple runes for the cost of 20 nora.

In my deck I have as champions;
    Angel of Restoration
    2 Avenging Angels
    Colossal Boa
    Elder Garu
    Elven Archer
    Elven Bard
    Elven Mage
    Elven Shade
    Elven Strategist
    Enraged Grizzly
    Falconer
    Forest Giant
    Garu Shaman
    Gnarlwood Lifegiver
    Giant Eagle
    Menalaus
    2 Rascal Fairies
    and Starlight Sylph

As spells;
    Brambles
    Call Serpent
    Devolve
    2 Nature's Wrath
    and Thorn Collection

and relics and equipment;
    Pride of K'thir
    Barbed Vine Leash
    and 2 Shield of Thorns

There are about a dozen or so other runes I have used in the past.

3. Bellagion

It's a circus deck (ie. uses runes from multiple factions). Obelisk of Foresight is a relic from ST, Rage Band is an equip from SL and the third one is actually called Havoc's Touch (my mistake) and is a spell from SP. Quicken from SL and Invisibility from KF are also often needed or at least very useful.

Here's my decklist, although most of the runes I didn't mention are either filler or only needed for certain campaign maps. The only ones you really need are those I mentioned above.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c9js14s7@s6sysisas5-s2Ls6_s1-s6Us=Sns7ys60s5WS7us4KsDs6gs5wr2Yr2MR2ue1Oe+

4. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

That's a peculiar deck indeed. Better hope your Solitary Garu doesn't get killed right off the bat. The AI is pretty good at concentrating firepower against a potentially threatening champion. I didn't know you could mix and match like that. I thought it had to be all of one faction or a 15-15 split. I guess there's no reason why you couldn't. You'd not get any faction bonus though.

Out of curiosity what did you think of my deck? I'm trying to have strong ranged firepower, good healing and melee creatures that can hold their own and not get killed quickly.

I've been successful pulling off a variant of the tactic you alluded too before by slipping my Rascal Fairy or Elven Shade to attack the shrine. The AI usually doesn't react very well to that threat. There was one time it had a guard and I had to start just outside the deployment zone stealthed, move in and do one attack, move out and get stealthed again. That guard had the damage rating and AP to kill the Elven Shade in one turn. Fortunately for me the AI moved the guard away when it really didn't need to. The other time I slipped the Rascal Fairy by the line when stealthed and the pounded the shrine (OK tinked the shrine) until it finally fell. In that one I was able to turn the tide of the main battle at least long enough. The main champion had the ability to regain hit point walking around in a lava field which of course there was a huge one on the map.

Also unfortunately there are several battles the shrine is impervious and you have to take out the 300 hit point champion to win. That's when I need the strong deck to be able to survive the onslaught.

I don't see the deck with the Solitary Garu being successful in that daily skirmish against that spider-critter and her minions. I think that was one the shrine was impervious so I had to take that champion out, but every time I damaged it, it dropped an egg which hatched a spiderling.

5. Bellagion

There's a restriction on 15/15 or 30 of one faction in Ranked play, but not in Single Player. The other thing to keep in mind is that the Solitary Garu deck kills the shrine in one turn, so once you cast Invisibility unless you walk into Detection range there's no possible way the computer can kill you.

Your deck seems pretty reasonable and standard for a starting KF deck. I'd just play whatever you have fun with at this point.

Oh yeah, the spider one you use Zealotry and Protection on the Garu and just have it hit her repeatedly. Protection makes you invulnerable to the first damage type you get hit with, so since she and the baby spiders have physical attacks you're just invulnerable to all of them. If you want it to go faster you can cast more buffing spells on your Garu, but Zealotry gives you a 50% damage boost and you can quickly get to dealing 80+ damage per turn.