Movement speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sWeNibor, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Does the units move to fast?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes but i kinda like it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

Hiya!

I was looking at some older Poxnora Youtube videos, before the new client. I think the movement was smooth. But now it is so fast, It aint a smooth movement and i think u should slow down the movement interaction. Alot nicer to spectate/play then i believe. Makes it easier to follow what happens and stuff.

Example of slow movement as it used to be:

After the new client:

I hope it is okay that used your videos as example @Gnomes

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

At first i thought it was way too fast, after playing with the new client for a long time... i think it might be just slightly too fast.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Since it was no "i am not sure" button i voted "yes but i kinda like it". I think it is better with to fast than to slow.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I hate how fast it is now. But, I don't really like a lot of things with the new client, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I often run out of time when I take long turns anyway. If movement took longer, that would just make it harder. It might look nicer to you, but I think it would affect gameplay.
    On a side note, duelyst has a mechanic where you can take moves with where units on the board will be, and can affectively take your whole turn then watch all the animations after.
    But I know that's a bit ambitious.

6. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

I agree.

I dont think it should go back to how it was. But a decrease in speed just a small nudge making it more smooth.