Mundunugu's Totem (relic)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by RoachKing, Mar 13, 2014.

1. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

Munudunugu's Totem
    faction: Shattered Peaks
    relic
    rarity: uncommon
    size: 1x1
    nora cost:30
    hp:25
    effect: friendly hyaenid shamans gain defiling aura while this relic is in play.

artwork: kinda of like skull totem + headdhrinker's totem, there skulls at the base and maybe some decaying corpses nailed to the totem, and on top there's an Ol sok or maybe a piles of ol soks

Flavor Text: " If you thought Munudungus stank wait until you get a whiff of one of their totems, you'll
    feel unholy for the rest of you're midget life. " Inquisitor Magnus to Northern Cross Templar.

• What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    It's a support rune that gives the Nid theme access to defile.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    There's absolutely no source of defile in Shattered Peaks, and so if a source of defile is given to the peaks i think it should belong to the nid theme.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    It's not a spell with a duration. It's not an aoe or single target. Rather its a relic that buffs a number certain champs with defiling aura. The only similiar item is soulreaver but it only gives defiling aura to one champ and also acts as a cleanse in a faction full of defile. The effectiveness of this relic relies on champ presence.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    Competitive players rely heavily on cleanse. A way to prevent that would always be useful.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    It potentially boosts the debuff theme of the nids. It's always fun preventing you're opponent from cleansing his/her champs.

As of now there are only 5 Nid shamans of which only 2 are melee. I'm saying this because you'll still have to strategically place the ranged defiling champs so they don't get murdered. Will this rune restrict future nid designs? Possibly.But I'd rather have multiple champs with defile rather than one.

0ryuk0 and RedScarlet like this.
  2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

A relic would do really good for Nids considering their playstyle with Cackle, it will prevent enemy to destroy the relic in one go, similar to how Headshrinker Totem is fashioned. 15 HP? sure, but u'll be shrank first, so thats equivalent to 30hp