MW24 SL Meta BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by mw24, Sep 20, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Needs more Skeez Bolter.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i'll pass.

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I came in expecting a variation of Sand, or a Sand/Mix. Was not dissapointed, cuz that's how "meta" SL would look like.

However, this isn't what would generally be considered as the strongest, most competitive form of this bg. If this is simply your style/preference and it works for you, that's totally fine. But in case the aim is competitive first and style second, I gotta point out a few things.

Sandspout is generally considered bad because you pay a high cost for an effect that is easy to cleanse (for cheap) or work around. As a Sand generating spell, Sandstorm is preferable right now for multiple reasons: it's quite cheap and Dune Manticores make it even cheaper for you, it deals damage, and while the attack debuff is worse than a blind, the spell is SO cheap it doesn't matter that much if it is cleansed, especially since it also does other things.
    So, I'd suggest swapping Sandspout for Sandstorm.

Skeezick Bolters are quite good. They're splashable meta status, and they're especially good in Sand, where every one of their attacks deals 21 damage with a Mantle on (15 without). It's true that they're not at some crazy OP autoinclude powerlevel, but they're still good. In any case, they're better than Dartwings, aside from being Physical damage rather than Acid. SL Harbingers work out in a similar role, if you have 'em.

Also, you have quite a bit of role overlap. Skeezick Alchemist works out well in Sand and both him and Imperator are prime Mantle targets. But including both 2x Manticore and Valdac is too much healing, imo. I would take out the Valdac and replace him with Serpentor Paradigm if you really want Magic damage.

I think you also have way too many tanky runes. Sure, Sand and SL in general like their tanky stuff and they can also be good Mantle recipients, but 2x Tardigrade, 2x Hunchback, 2x K. Alpha is kind of overkill. Especially with 3 healers in the bg. Also, you may wanna consider Prismatic Skywing over Hunchback. They're both tanky, but Prismatic gives you Magic Damage.

Sundered Doombringers are decent in Sand with their cheapest build. For Magic damage.

The lack of either Dune walker or Locust in a partially Sand deck with 2x Transfusion makes me sad.
    Dune Walker generates Sand, gives anyone Trail Sand for Mantle, can give Trail Sand to opponents so you can tunnel after them if they run, it can let you get your units where it matters, can help you land Petrifying Gazes with Manticore, can help you land a kill with Locust and it can help your units escape dicy situations.
    Locust works out great where you have even a bit of sand and it's awesome with Transfusion. It can be a win condition, it can be your counter to high defense bgs or to bgs that like to swarm the board.
    I recommend at least 1x Dune Walker and 1x Locust.

If you want detection, Skithmaw Hunter is meta. I mean, godamn 66 nora for the most expensive build?! Use Draksar Pursuer instead, if you go more towards the AP denial route than Sand (but in that case, Indignance might be worth considering).

And finally, you may wanna consider a Quarry Mark for even more killing power.

So, the bg might end up looking something like this: https://poxbase.com/deck/c7ZChGcg0c9uCktC4UCpWCdQckNS8osas7is84s73sYs2Fs5jrPr2qE1Fe3Y

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    BloodAshes and Anima26 like this.
  5. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I don't think you can run SL without locust right now. Props for trying SL though, you a brave, brave boy.

I also use bolters for what its worth but they are certainly made out of paper so I could see the justification for dartwing over them. Actually seeing sandspout being run by a good player is legitimately hilarious to me, but it's probably good in this meta due to a lot of strong bgs not running AoE cleanse.

Sirius likes this.
  6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Cleansing Emerald tho. I cry everytiem.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. DrSteve

yeah screw kf tho that factions unbeatable

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

This is mutually exclusive

BurnPyro and Pedeguerra like this.
  9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeh Locusts and Transfusions ftw. Until his swarms get nerfed anyway.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I really don't understand why enslave isn't 1 auto in every SL deck ever.

"We got into a turtle fest? Okay, I now have an extra full ap champ right by your guys for my powerturn."

"Youre rushing me? Okay, well one of your champs is going to help me kill another one and now youve probably overextended."

Its 10 times better now too, seeing as this map rotation is all about that one mid font.

BloodAshes and DrSteve like this.
  11. DrSteve

The only reason I don't include it is when I run out of slots because I have to include my essential runes. Whenever I have a "luxury" spell slot I always add either enslave or cancel magic because both are so situationally game winning. Enslave is also really good in this meta because it absolutely destroys jangar arcanis. Being able to put both its abilities on cd is huge.